News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

reverse loop

Started by pamardon, May 06, 2009, 10:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pamardon

How do I fix a reverse loop on DC?? :-\ ???

taz-of-boyds

Hello Pamardon,

If you can get to the local hobby store you should be able to pick up a model railroad wiring book with DC reverse loop wiring, which will give you a good reference for more useful things as well.

Meanwhile you could check out this Google search, some of the results are for DC (many for DCC), but you can get in some good research.

wire a reverse loop

Charles

ecarfar

Quote from: pamardon on May 06, 2009, 10:41:55 PM
How do I fix a reverse loop on DC?? :-\ ???

By "fixing" I assume you mean getting it to run?  The first thing you have to do is make sure the entire loop is isolated from the rest of the layout, that means BOTH rails at both ends of the loop have to have isolating rail joiners.  Once you do that, get yourself an Atlas 220 controller and wire each rail of the loop to the spots on the controller that are labeled X and Y on the top of the controller.  The "C" terminal next to them goes to the track common wire.  The left side connectors are for your cabs both positive and negative.  The connectors on the right go to you track selectors positive only.  It sounds confusing but it's very logical.  The direction of your locos ON THE ENTIRE LAYOUT are now controlled by the direction buttons on the Atlas controller the direction of your loco IN THE REVERSING LOOP is controlled by the gray switch on the controller.   Before your loco enters the loop, make sure the gray switch is thrown the right way so the loco will continue.  when the loco is in the loop, flip the direction control for the cab you are using ON THE CONTROLLER and when tho loco exits the loop it will be going the right direction instead of shorting.....