News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

lionel legend as bachmen dcc?

Started by amtrakfann808, May 09, 2009, 10:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amtrakfann808

Hay guys! dose the Lionel legend controller work on ho scale bachmen just the same as the DCC? or is it just programed for Lionel?

Tylerf

I know that on my digitrax system it has an n-ho-o and g scale switch  which means o scale runs on a higher voltage than ho and could possibly damage your locomotives. But as for whether the decoders will work I would say yes because as for dcc decoders and systems between scales, they should all run together.

amtrakfann808

Quote from: Tylerf on May 09, 2009, 10:41:07 AM
I know that on my digitrax system it has an n-ho-o and g scale switch  which means o scale runs on a higher voltage than ho and could possibly damage your locomotives. But as for whether the decoders will work I would say yes because as for dcc decoders and systems between scales, they should all run together.
so whute your saying is that the lionel controler will work on bachmen ho scale trains?

rustyrails

I looked up the manual for Lionel Legacy system.  In the manual, it plainly states that the Legacy is different from DCC.  So the answer is keep that 3-rail stuff away from your 2-rail Bachmann trains.  If you look at the manual:

http://www.lionel.com/GettingStarted/LionelTechnology/legacy/legacyHome.cfm

you'll see that it is very different from the DCC that we know.
Rusty

Chris350

in a nutshell O scale stuff is a very diifferent can of worms from DCC. 

Jim Banner

Quote from: Chris350 on May 09, 2009, 09:35:38 PM
in a nutshell O scale stuff is a very diifferent (sic) can of worms from DCC. 

At least the odd ball proprietary stuff is.  0 scale can be run on NMRA DCC ("regular" DCC,) even the ac motors with the split field reversing, as long as a suitable DCC decoder is installed.  And don't forget Bachmann's own 0n30 offerings.  These are 0 scale in every sense of the word and many come with DCC on board.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.