News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann DCC Turnouts

Started by lwmlwm44, May 16, 2009, 09:48:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lwmlwm44

Got my first pair of Subject turnouts No. 6 and noticed packed in them was a small piece of plastic/metal not quite 1/4 in. long...........can anyonetell this newbie what this critter is for in conjunction with the switches.   The instructions included didn't say a thing about it.

Thanks

Larry

Reinhard S

Hi Larry!

I am new to DCC as well and I have 6 of the subject turnouts myself which I use in conjunction with my EZ Command.  If the piece in question is what I think it is then it is used to cover the switch which programs the turnout to the specific address desired.  The piece is for asthetic purposes.

Cheers!

Reinhard

the Bach-man

Dear Larry,
That's correct. The piece snaps into the round hole through which you address the turnout.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

lwmlwm44

Thanks Reinhard and the Bachmann...........that makes sense.............saw the little critter in the box and it had me confused as to its use..........I thought maybe along the same lines as you did as far as covering the hole where the switch is at for programming but didn't try fitting it there.   

Currently have 4 DCC switches and my layout plans will require a total of 10 turnouts in all when done.   New at DCC and really enjoying my Bachmann DCC set alot.........know I am limited to a total of 8 switches as far as independant addresses for them with my Bachmann unit so will have to double a couple of them up on the same addresses which will be no problem.

Larry

Daylight4449

i am powering my dc switches on my dcc ayout with a dc. those dcc turnouts are 5 times the price!

Robertj668

daylight
I bought my DCC switches on eBay at a great price from "thefavoritespot" seller.  it was the only way I could afford to do it.
44135 $36
44136 $36
44137 $46
44138 $46
No I do not work for him but I do buy all of my engines and track from him.  I live just down the street from him so i do not pay for shipping  :)

lwmlwm44

Try Discount Trains On Line for Bachmann............they have it all and my switches there ran $43.   hard to beat that and the service is great.........shiping is good also..........only $7.50 regardless of size of order.

Larry