Spectrum 2-8-0 - without sound - last call?

Started by Pacific Northern, May 15, 2009, 05:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific Northern

I notice  there are few outlets with the Spectrum 2-8-0's without sound in stock.  It seems if you want this engine now you will have to buy this engine with sound.

As this engine is the main power on my layout and I am not a sound fan at all, I decided I should get a few spares of this engine for a rainy day.

I searched around. Some dealers are advertising the unit even though it is not in stock.  I have only found one outlet that actually has this engine in stock today.

MB Klien has this engine in their train sets at a most reasonable rate. For not much more than the price of the DCC engine you get  the three Spectrum passenger cars, an oval of track including the terminal and rerailer and of course the power unit.
Pacific Northern

boomertom

This was my point exactly in my earlier thread. I have no great complaint with sound as such, I just would rather not be forced into buying it.

Adding sound to the 2-8-0 on your own is not a daunting task ( same goes for the 2-10-0) and can save some money until you are ready for sound.

Tom
Tom Blair (TJBJRVT68)

Yampa Bob

I have three new Connies in the boxes, haven't decided whether to sell them or just put them in storage for awhile and see what develops. 
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.