Spectrum 2-8-0's - question for mr. Bach Man

Started by Pacific Northern, May 19, 2009, 04:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific Northern

A question for the Bach Man

I was updating the data for my roster and wondered why the NYC Spectrum 2-8-0 was not listed along with the other roadnames?

Are there other roadnames that also do not appear in the various Bachmann Catalogues?
Pacific Northern

Jim Banner

There are many, many railroad names that do not appear in the Bachmann catalogues.  For a list of modern names and reporting marks, have a look at this link.

http://www.hrtrains.com/rdname.html

There then all the names of railroads no longer extant.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Pacific Northern

Quote from: Jim Banner on May 19, 2009, 06:40:53 PM
There are many, many railroad names that do not appear in the Bachmann catalogues.  For a list of modern names and reporting marks, have a look at this link.

http://www.hrtrains.com/rdname.html

There then all the names of railroads no longer extant.

Jim

Apparently I am not making myself clear.  I have a Spectrum DCC 2-8-0 with the NYC roadname. This engine is not in the Bachmann catalogues and I am wondering why?
Are there other Spectrum 2-8-0's that are also not listed in the Bachmann catalogues?
Pacific Northern

rustyrails

If I understand what you're asking, I don't think it is unusual for manufacturers to change road names with different production runs.   That's probably why NYC isn't in the catalog you're looking at...and it may well be in the next.
Rusty

Pacific Northern

Rather than having people guess as to why the NYC DCC Spectrum 2-8-0 is not in the catalogue, it would be better to have the Bach-Man answer the question.
Pacific Northern

the Bach-man

Dear PN,
We have made a variety of roadnames over the years, some for individual customers. It's very possible to find an uncatalogued roadname in different locos.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Pacific Northern

Pacific Northern