Origianal Thomas trains value

Started by Krooger, June 05, 2009, 02:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krooger

I have an old Thomas the tank train set(Large i think) i got from my grandpa that he bought new for 350.00 dolars about 16 years ago. It has yellow roadbed and a red controller. The engine is red and it has the red coal car that connects to the engine and two grey gondolas(i think they are called the troublesome trucks). I have all of the plastic faces you can put on the engine and cars. The track layout is a simple oval with a an option of going the long or short way around the first turn. I have not had it going for about 15 years. Can this old set possibly be rare and very valuable if it is properly restored to good condition??? I dont know much about thomas the tank so i was just curious. Thanks

Cheeky_ULP

Sounds a lot like the Hornby Clockwork Sets.

Rare, but not all that valuable. Any pictures?

alex wittman

if he said gondolas, then it must be the Lionel large scale set, with James the red engine, well if you still have it, it can be valuable. but it's your choice if you want to sell it.

shining time

it is the lionel large scale james the red engine set, i also have one and it will be very valuable. i've had mine since i was a kid( both the  thomas and james sets)
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

Cheeky_ULP

Those are also rare, and a BIT valuable. However, it's the most hideous impression of James ANYONE has ever done, so hence why it was a failure to sell.

shining time

i think so to, but they run get and are taken care of to
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways