News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

nj international switchstands

Started by jward, July 19, 2009, 10:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jward

just bought one of the nj international switchstands. the are all metal, with jewels for the lenses, and are beautiful.
they seem to have a l shaped handle to operate them and on the end of the short leg of the l is a small hole that i assume is for the linkage to the switch. has anybody used these before? do you have any tips for installing them?

here is the link to the switchstands i am referring to:
http://www.njinternational.com/hoswitch.htm
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Chris350

no experience with em, but they just went on my wish list...  I've been using Caboose Industries machines....

lmackattack

If they are like the old ones...Some of them may need a wire with a "Z" bend in them to operate correctly. the knotch on some of the  stands are to far apart to use a stright rod. the z bend gives you the proper tension to hold the points secure to the rail sides and thus you are able to secure the swith in the path that you want the train to go. hard to explain sorry...

trent

Woody Elmore

NJ International has been out of business a very long time. Their switchstands were very nice but hard to get even when NJ International was in business!

Chris350

Quote from: Woody Elmore on July 20, 2009, 09:45:17 AM
NJ International has been out of business a very long time. Their switchstands were very nice but hard to get even when NJ International was in business!
bottom of this page says updated Dec 2008... Put of Arizona.  Perhaps some one bought the rights and the moulds

RAM

Woody Elmore

I stand, er sit, corrected.

I knew one of the owners of the original NJ Custom Brass, later called NJ International. I guess he that either he moved west and started up the business again or he sold the name. I am glad to see that the signal stuff he used to import is still in production.

Their stuff was hard to get in the New York area - it sold out quickly.

jward

my friend, who has a dealership with one of the model railroad distributors, had no problems getting several of those switchstands earliar this month.
they are readily available.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA