News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Securing Ez Track to table

Started by dmolavi, June 21, 2009, 08:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmolavi

What's the preferred/best method for securing Ez Track to the table?

Pacific Northern

My benchwork is 3/4" plywood top on 1" x 4" stringers @1' centers, on top of plywood is 2" extruded foam (pink) layer(s). Layout varies from 1 to 3 sheets thickness.

I use hot-glue to secure the E-Z track to the foam surfaces. I use Woodland Scenic incline risers to the various levels of foam using hot-glue as well.

This has worked well for me, no problems with the track coming loose later.
Pacific Northern

the Bach-man

Dear DM,
I agree. I've used hot glue on all the EZ Track displays I'v built over the last several years. They've all held up well, despite thousands of miles of travel.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

dmolavi

do you put strips of foam inside the ez track roadbed, or are you putting the glue just along the edges where it contacts the table top?

lwmlwm44

I have been using Clear liquid nails which seems to work good attaching the track to the vinyl road bed I added under the EZ Track which is also glued to the 2 in. pink foamboard base with liquid nails.

Larry

Pacific Northern

Quote from: dmolavi on June 22, 2009, 08:05:51 AM
do you put strips of foam inside the ez track roadbed, or are you putting the glue just along the edges where it contacts the table top?

I hot glue only along the edge of the roadbed every few inches, just a quick spot glue.

If you change your mind about the track placement using hot glue you can carefully cut the weld with an x-acto knife and it will easily peel off both the roadbed and foam leaving no marks. The same holds true with the hot glue on Woodland inclines/risers.
Pacific Northern

Mike

As an extra bonus, hot melt can be softened and the track removed using a hair dryer.- Mike