News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Model Rail Pictures

Started by BestSnowman, July 01, 2009, 06:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BestSnowman

My 3 year old son has been running around with my wife's camera taking pictures of my layout, as he is only three there are a ton of pictures of the carpet, wall, and ceiling.

But he has taken some pretty good pictures, I've uploaded them here:

http://cid-811d1df10b2b3e61.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Luke%7C4s%20Train%20Pictures

As a note the pictures in this album are all taken by him, all I have done is straighten pictures (thats why the datestamp from the camera is sometimes crooked) and remove artifacts like fingers. Also the guy at the computer is me sorting through his first batch of photos.
-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog

CNE Runner

BestSnowman - It is pretty sad when a child can take better pictures than I. It looks like you son has considerable talent in the arts.

Thanks for sharing his [early] work,

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

BestSnowman

I think most of its luck, but I like some of his pictures than mine. Maybe it helps that he has a much lower perspective.
-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog

RAM

Man, I thought you son really knows how to pick models, until I saw it was Victoria's Secret ad.

jward

i let my son use my camera during railfest with similar results. gotta love digital photography. with a film camera i'd have been worrying about wasting film. now i just give him the camera and let him fire away.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Santa Fe buff

Same thing with me and Ryan, except we always take videos of trains. We take pictures, but not as often. You should show Luke the next Model Railroader magazine. Next month's is about taking professional pictures, I know I'm going to read that article, for now, I'm working on August's issue.

Luke certainly has a niche for picture taking... You guy's every consider railfanning the nearby tracks? :)

Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

BestSnowman

I need to find somewhere I can take him to look at trains without trespassing when I know there'll be trains there.
-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog