News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO Track w/o Road Bed

Started by Steventt6, July 02, 2009, 08:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steventt6

Hi, I have HO track without roadbed  made by bachmann and I need more does bachmann still make it? Or could I somehow just get atlas and get by with hooking bachman track up with atlas?

rustyrails

As long as you are not talking about track with built-in roadbed, most HO track ought to be interchangeable.  Take a piece of your track to your local hobby shop and see if it will mate okay with Atlas or any other brand of your choice.  You could even buy Bachmann EZ Track.  You just have to put cork roadbed under what you've already got.  The guys at the hobby shop will show you how.

Rusty

FECfan

Yeah, all track without the built-in roadbed should fit, I have some sidings that have a VERY large assortment of brands of track (Including old Bachmann track and Atlas track), and I have yet to have a problem with it.

Steventt6

ok, so if I buy this

http://www.discounttrainsonline.com/Atlas-Code-100-Snap-Track-Curved-Terminal-Track/item150-0845.html

It will be compatible with my bachmann track without the roadbed? I also need the cord that runs from the controller to the terminal track..but i cant find one can some help?

rustyrails

Those two little gold colored dots on the square piece that sticks out from the track are screws.  Go to the hobby shop and get some 18 guage wire and connect your power pack variable DC terminals to those screws.  Atlas also makes terminal rail joiners...they have the wires already soldered to them, so you just replace the rail joiners between two pieces of track and run the wires to your power pack.  Hope this helps.
Rusty

Steventt6

jward

20 or 22 guage will work if you are using dc. if you are using dcc such as ez command or digitrax, go with 18 guage.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA