News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E-Z Mate Couplers - Need Help

Started by Edo, July 03, 2009, 08:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edo

I plan to convert Gordon and James to DCC.
In the meantime I would like to couple the cars from the Gordon and James sets to work with DCC Engines that have E-Z Mate Mark II Couplers.
Would the BAC 78035 be the correct coupler for Annie and Clarabel and the other cars?

Tylerf

When I converted my Thomas set to knuckle couplers I used kadee #5 couplers with their suppied box. I took off the origional hook and loop coupler, filed the part of the car that hangs down for the coupler just enough to bring the knuckle coupler to standard height, then used the origional screw to screw on the knuckle coupler and box to the stubs on the car. So if that made any sence than good but basically I'm saying go with the kadee conversion packs as they are made for this more than ez-mates.

Edo

Really appreciate your help. With Under, Center and Over Shank and Long, Medium and Short with the E-Z Mate -  it made the choice difficult. Thanks, Edo.

rustyrails

Tyler's suggestion will certainly work, but this is an instance where we probably ought to ASK THE BACHMANN.  Mr. Bachmann?  Are you there?  I don't know if the Thomas trains are built to the NEM (Normal European Modelling) standard since they are more correctly characters or charicatures than models.  If they are built to NEM standards, then they should have a standard coupler pocket and the BAC 78035 conversion kit ought to work.  Hope this helps.  Mr. Bachmann????!!!!
Rusty