News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

overland limited steam engine

Started by justmom, July 03, 2009, 10:26:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Satnik

Dear GB,

If you use half circles to turn around, the 22" Radius curves will fit on a 4'x8' sheet.

Scroll down about 3/4 of the page to see a post on "degrees of curvature" vs. "compass degrees"

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik 
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

justmom

Rustyrails,
didn't take the comment wrong, figured you meant that since it was a present that it might be difficult to return. I am going to take all the suggestions and return it for repairs. thanks everyone.
justmom

GButner

Okay, since my last post on July 12th, I have converted to the EZ- nickel silver track. My layout is on two 4 x 6 foot sections joined together to make a 6 x 8 layout. I have 22 degree curves on the main line, and 18 degree curves on the two bypass lines. The engine is jumping the track, with the front wheels usually coming off first. I have checked the track joints carefully, and they are smooth.  I suspect I need to send the engine back to Bachman for repairs. I picked up an older Bachman diesel engine off ebay and it never derails.