News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

TrueBlast 2 - Problem?

Started by MB425, June 21, 2009, 09:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MB425

Picked up a 671 turbine a few weeks ago from Justrains. The whistle originally was loud and full. Last week, I ran it and when I blew the whistle, it was pretty much inaudible. Once I killed the power and then reapplied power, it worked fine. Today, I ran it and it sounded quite lower in volume once again and as barely audible over the track noise and other trains.

As anyone heard of this problem? I hope I don't have a bad sound board. The bell seems to work fine. I'm using the recommended transformer (MTH Z1000).

Thanks!

CandO

Have you opened it up to see if it may be just a loose connection? Maybe the wire connector isn't pushed in fully. Just a thought.

I hope you figure it out.

MB425

CandO - Thanks for the reply. I have yet to open it up to have a peek since the issue has yet to pop up again and I've put a good amount of run time and whistle blowing on it these past few days. I may open it up but if not, I will wait until it happens again.

Thanks again!

MB425

The problem showed up again and I then called Bachmann and spoke to a GREAT service guy. I can't remember his name but after we talked over my issues with my 671, we spent a good 10-15 minutes just talking trains. This guy really was terrific. Now I wish the people with at the Apple store were just as good  ;)(I'm also experiencing issues with my computer).

Speaking of my issues, I've opted to send the engine and tender back to Bachmann. It is something I would rather NOT do, but I hope to either have a new sound board (that is what the tech and I figured the issue was) or a new tender. I had to make numerous modifications to the engine so I HOPE the engine isn't replaced as I do NOT want to make those mods again. The mods I did were not customization but modifications to the wiring (shortening wires, moving them, etc) as if I didn't do it, I would have even more issues than I do now.

All in all, I hope this one comes out okay. Thanks for the help.

DominicMazoch

Now, when will the TB II for diesels come to my dealer?  Are they:

1.  Stuck on a ship waiting for a slot at Los Angeles or Long Beech?
2.  Stuck on the Sunset Route?
3.  Stuck on IH-95?

Now i want to place this in a PA A unit dummy.  There is a quick disconnect on the wires gong to the headlight.  Can I use the connect to power unit, and attach to door with doubles sided tape?

Thanks!

3rail

Hi Dominic,

They have been in stock for about 2 weeks and have shipped to the distributors.  I do not know the in-stock status of individual dealers.

You will have to splice into the power leads to install in the dummy A.

Regards,

3rail