New Stuff--NOT

Started by renniks, July 10, 2009, 06:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renniks

Why no Log Skidder for On30?????

Eric UK

ebtbob

Eric,

While a log skidder would not fit my railroad,  I aggree with you as I think Bachmann may be missing some great opportunites by not scaling up or down,   some of their existing items.
      Example - they upscaled the two bay hopper to larger scale from On30 but have not seen fit to downsize the EBT caboose already in large scale.
Your idea for an On30 log skidder is another great idea for the On30 realm.
       It has been mentioned here before,  not for some time,   but I cannot help but believe that EZ track with narrow gauge tie spacings would be a great seller.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Woody Elmore

The problem with an item like this is that I'm sure many people have no idea what a log skidder is - someone like me, for example. This is a real niche item and Bachmann needs to sell to as wide a market as possible.

jestor

Google Crow River Products for a O scale twin drum verticle steam engine hoisting machine that can be used as a skidder. 

renniks

Woody,

I asked because Bachmann have announced a Large Scale version. Surely there are as many folks modelling a logging line in On30 as there are in Large Scale.

Eric UK

Linzthom

Hey Eric,

I'd have an On30 logging line as well. Only there isn't any HEISLERS to pull the logs. (The Climax and that ucky Shay just don't do it for me.)

Lindsay (NZ)
I'm going to live forever; or die trying