News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

US Army Decals

Started by barrowsr, July 12, 2009, 09:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barrowsr

Does anyone know where I could find decals suitable for rolling stock circa 1950?  Microscale only lists the Civil War era USMRR and a set for diesels.  I'm looking to decorate some flat and box cars for a neighbor boy.  Any help would be appreciated.

Robin

Chris350

while I don't have a direct lead, I suggest you try some of the dry transfer makers out there.

barrowsr

Thanks Chris but I'm looking for water slide decals.

Robin

OkieRick

Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman

barrowsr

Rick,

I only found aircraft decals on that link - is there one in particular you're referring to?

Robin

SteamGene

Have you checked Champ?
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

OkieRick

Quote from: barrowsr on July 14, 2009, 09:30:15 PM
Rick,

I only found aircraft decals on that link - is there one in particular you're referring to?

Robin

Walthers.com lists:

460-4391    Military - United States - Railroad Equipment Decals -- US Army Transportation Corps Diesels 1940s+    HO    4.00

About rolling stock I'd give them a call.

Luck-

Rick

Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman

barrowsr

Thanks Rick - the 4391 Minicals are the diesel ones I mentioned and too large for rolling stock. 

Thanks Gene - I had given up on Champ because they've stopped production but on your suggestion I went to their site and ordered some USA and USN rolling stock decals which they apparently still have.

I do appreciate the help and suggestions all - if anyone knows of other sources I'd love to hear from you.  I'm also looking for six dome wine car decals and information on the prototypes cars themselves.

Regards,

Robin