New C&O H-4 2-6-6-2 w/Vandy VC12 Tender w/DCC Onboard

Started by johnnyjt, July 13, 2009, 12:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnyjt

I heard Bachmann will relese in the Fall 09
C&O H-4 2-6-6-2 w/Vandy VC12 Tender
w/DCC Onboard.   
Sounds nice but where is the Sound?

That's the only way to go is with Sound!

JohnnyJT       8)
South Philly

h81627allegheny

I second that motion...where is the sound???  Also, I hope some things will be addressed in this release...

1) that they accurately reflect the H-4 type as appearance wise there ARE differences that make an H-4 distinctly different from and H-5 besides road number!  Do your homework Bachmann...please as I'd rather buy ready to run with quality and performance than wait and buy brass.

2) that Bachmann can maybe get the smokebox front on this release straight (or vertical) instead of completely crooked (I have one that is brand new and was told by Bachmann that basically there is NOTHING they can do :O!)

3) that the detailed plastic pieces will have the "flashing" removed better as I have one that is ridicoulous as flashing is everywhere!

4) performance issues in running, tracking, wheel guage and such

With that said...THANK YOU Bachmann for giving C&O fans the opportunity to buy additional locos from your Spectrum line...just tweak the issue of the H-5s and you will have an outstanding product, if not then I do not think they will sell as well as could be...just my opinion.

Oh...did I say Thanks Bachmann?  THanks!

Dave

the Bach-man

skipgear

Judging from the pictures so far. They have addressed the differences in the loco's. The pictured loco's have slide valves on the front engine, side rods are changed, and I noticed some other small differences. My question is how they have addressed pulling power. Will it be a diecast boiler or traction tires, or both? I am also waiting to see the vandy tender offered seprate.

I hope to stick these in front of a 30-40 car coal drag.

Tony

PS. The quote is at the bottom because the post reply system would not stay scrolled to the bottom of the window when typing. Made it impossible to edit the post.

Quote from: h81627allegheny on July 13, 2009, 01:40:30 PM
I second that motion...where is the sound???  Also, I hope some things will be addressed in this release...

1) that they accurately reflect the H-4 type as appearance wise there ARE differences that make an H-4 distinctly different from and H-5 besides road number!  Do your homework Bachmann...please as I'd rather buy ready to run with quality and performance than wait and buy brass.

2) that Bachmann can maybe get the smokebox front on this release straight (or vertical) instead of completely crooked (I have one that is brand new and was told by Bachmann that basically there is NOTHING they can do :O!)

3) that the detailed plastic pieces will have the "flashing" removed better as I have one that is ridicoulous as flashing is everywhere!

4) performance issues in running, tracking, wheel guage and such

With that said...THANK YOU Bachmann for giving C&O fans the opportunity to buy additional locos from your Spectrum line...just tweak the issue of the H-5s and you will have an outstanding product, if not then I do not think they will sell as well as could be...just my opinion.

Oh...did I say Thanks Bachmann?  THanks!

Dave
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

h81627allegheny

I totally forgot about it not pulling many cars but that seems to be a case by case problem as well as some did great while others did not.  Tires on the drivers would be a good idea maybe!  Also, having the correct Vandy tender is a big plus as well!

Dave

Now if I can get Bachmann to take care of the new H-5 I have that the smokebox front is totally crooked!!! :'(

railroad Ron

I have 1 of the earlier N scale bachmann 2-6-6-2's, on level track it will pull about 25 atlas 33' coal cars, I have a 3% grade going east bound and 4% going west bound and I,m lucky if the loco will pull more then 5 cars up either grade. In the May 2009 Model Railroader mag on page 82 there is a product called Bullfrog Snot Traction-tire maker that allows you to make your own traction tires. As far as sound is concerned Bachmann will probably just equipe the loco  with non sound Dcc. I installed a Soundtraxx micro-tsunami medium steam sound decoder in the tender and had enough room in the tender to use a .62 round speaker and still have enough room to also install the capacitor supplied with the decoder.  Ron

in_eden

I'm in for one... even though my h-6 came with an eccentric rod popped off, and I've never gotten around to returning it... lazy... I'm not really a C&O runner, but keep seeing an actual one at the B&O museum and thought it looks amazing.
How about a B&O EM1?