News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

eztrack worlds greatest hobby track pack

Started by southerner, July 24, 2009, 12:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

southerner

hello everyone me and my grandfather are building a layout useing the bachman ez track worlds greatest hobby track pack and we have all the track connected and im wireing it and i cant seem to get my turnout controls to make the turnout thow to work what do i need to do to get them to work thank you zachary flowe
The southern serves the south

BestSnowman

I wish they would include a diagram on hooking those up, its a little confusing if you are new to it but is relatively simple.

The green wires go from the turnout to the switch, the harness plugs on the top of the switch. You then need a red wire harness to plug into the left side of the switch, this wire goes to a power pack to the accessories connection.

If you are using EZ-Commander DCC you will need a seperate power supply. If you are using the newer Bachmann DC packs it is the two push buttons in the middle. If its an older black Bachmann pack it should be the hookups labeled AC.

The right side of the bachmann switches allow you to plug another switch into it for power and the turnout wiring hooks up as before.
-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog

Jhanecker2

Good Morning Zachary : I am assuming that that switches (turnouts) are electrically powered .  Please note that turnouts are connected to your turnout controls which are powered by AC terminals of your transformer (power supply). Do Not connect to your track
Variable DC wiring .  What type of  Power Supply are you using ?   DC or DCC ?

southerner

i am useing a digitrax zephyr hope i spelt that right so what do i need to use to power my turnouts should i find one of my old power packs and hoock them up to it or what thanks zachary

BestSnowman

Yes you will need a DC powerpack to power them. I like the older bachmann power packs because they can be more easily mounted in an inconspicuous place.
-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog

southerner

ok thanks so now do snip the connector of the other end of the wire that plugs in to the switch controllerw and strip the wire and hook it up to the older dc power pack thanskzachary

BestSnowman

Quote from: southerner on July 24, 2009, 04:41:38 PM
ok thanks so now do snip the connector of the other end of the wire that plugs in to the switch controllerw and strip the wire and hook it up to the older dc power pack thanskzachary

Unless the end of the wire is compatible with a connection method for the DC pack you will need to strip the wire.
-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog

southerner

thanks guys for all the help i stippede the wire off and hooked it up to an old dc power pack and it worked like a champ yeehoo now i can start glueing down the track and then scenery thanks again zachary flowe