News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New N scale couplers don't work

Started by Hellhound, July 24, 2009, 02:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellhound

I recently purchased an EMD GP50 (#61292) with the new knuckle couplers. The couplers sag and won't stay coupled to anything. I attempted to replace the original couplers with with the correct Micro Trains replacement but after four hours of total frustration I have given up on that fix. I only discovered that I am not qualified to be a micro surgeon. Anyone else have this problem with these new couplers? Does Bachmann have a fix for this?

johnnyjt

Yes, definitely something needs to be done.
I don't know why Bachmann does not get
on the bandwagon and have operating
knuckle couplers on all N gauge Locos and cars.

JohnnyJT      8)
South Philly

dtpowell

Hellhound,
I have this problem with a couple of Bachmann Items. The Jackson Sharp excursion cars ans a Heavy Mountain Steamloco.

My solution was to buy a Bachmann freight
car and use a good coupler and draft gear from the truck to replace the one on the Loco. The draft gear seems to be interchangeable. Maybe you could replace the coupler alone. Not sure, since I have never purchased a Bachmann diesel.

On soap box...This coupler is a piece of JUNK! In my opinion Bachmann would do far better scraping the mold on this knuckle headed cont aption and pay the royalties for a decent true automatic coupler. I love the locos Bachmann produces, but hesitate buying anything but the most interesting steam. I hear the same from other modelers and shops. Off soap box.