Bachmann Online Forum

Discussion Boards => Thomas & Friends => Topic started by: RailsByRick on September 28, 2026, 10:37:49 PM

Title: Knapford Station Reintroduction
Post by: RailsByRick on September 28, 2026, 10:37:49 PM
I know I've mentioned it before, but I really wish Bachmann would reconsider their cancellation of the Knapford reintroduction. I understand that Bachmann thought the price was unfair due to it being more expensive than the original kit, but only getting half of what you got before. However, the only alternative is eBay.

Listings for the Knapford kit are few and far between. Only a handful pop up each year. When you're able to find a listing, the price is absolutely outrageous. When newer collectors have no other options, they're stuck contemplating dropping a few hundred just so they can add this essential station to their layout.

The Tidmouth reintroduction is currently sold out, and the price of that kit is fairly proportionate to its original even though you're getting less (no turntable). In that scenario, you have to pay much MORE just to buy a separate sale turntable to complete the kit. Even with that mind, the Tidmouth reintroduction seems to be a success regardless.

There's a demand for Knapford. I was planning to order multiple when pre-orders went up, which unfortunately, never happened. The updated color scheme looked fantastic, and I was looking forward to adding the new figures to the platforms. Hopefully it'll be back one day.
Title: Re: Knapford Station Reintroduction
Post by: Yard Master on September 29, 2026, 09:28:52 AM
Hi Rick,

We acknowledge that fans are hoping to see the station reintroduced and we're sorry we had to disappoint you by canceling it. We do need to be able to sell the station at a cost that will be acceptable to our distributors and train stores that we sell our products to, so that we don't have to carry excess inventory. We'll discuss it with the Bachmann team and see what our options are.
Title: Re: Knapford Station Reintroduction
Post by: RailsByRick on September 29, 2026, 10:12:18 AM
Thank you, Yard Master. It is greatly appreciated. I'll be first in line to pre-order if you're able to bring it to market!