Bachmann Online Forum

Discussion Boards => General Discussion => Topic started by: ivegotideas on September 30, 2026, 10:52:26 PM

Title: Beginner looking for advice.
Post by: ivegotideas on September 30, 2026, 10:52:26 PM
Hello,
I am a mechanical engineering student, looking to start a passion project involving model trains. Part of this project relies on getting a train with a variable load to stop at a designated checkpoint/stop, wait for an interval of time, and then continue onto the next. If you've ever played factorio, something similar. I am going to likely use an Arduino to communicate to the train, but that is where my first two issues arise. Firstly, is there any way to communicate to the train via Arduino, and if so, is it wireless? If it is not wireless, how can I charge the arduino whilst it is atop the train?  I know nothing about model trains, so I apologize if these are stupid questions.