Where exactly do you expect to cram all that stuff? There is no room in Thomas except the cab, and it's smaller than the 2.5 inches both of those items require.
Please read the Forum Code of Conduct >>Click Here <<
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Show posts MenuQuote from: Ralph S on March 20, 2026, 01:05:04 AMWasn't expecting that video would go viral on this topic, but since its part of my learning experience, I'll add this comment.
J, sorry I hijacked your image and redrew it to show my existing 4x8 layout. I wanted to have 3 loops but didn't quite make it. If that video used larger than 4x8 then here's my 4x8 using only EZ Track and Fleischmann 18-degree curve switches. I'm leaning toward that fact that the raised track area is actually above the existing 4x8. Therefore, produces the illusion that all of the video's layout is on a 4x8. If this is true, then my new section I should definitely create a upper and lower level in order to obtain additional space for my layout. I alluded to that when I suggested I put in a helix type riser to an upper level.
Diagram Note: Below the black line is the second 4x8 which I'm questioning.
Quote from: trainman203 on March 10, 2026, 09:02:58 PMI don't know how this will reproduce in this form, but this Sanborn map is a view of some long-gone very compact street running switching trackage in my hometown, reminiscent of the 4x8 under discussion. The T&NO comes in from the left. It crosses the vertically running MP several times. The T&NO was in this location at least 20 years before the MP arrived.Looking at this map raises some questions. There has to be an interesting story here. My understanding is that the later railroad to arrive must pay for any necessary junctions to the existing railroad, and for a tower to control things if necessary. Could the T&NO have purposely added more industrial spurs in order to increase the cost of the MoPac coming to town? How was the issue of T&NO fouling the MP line to serve these industries handled? Did they have to get permission to foul the MP? Or were speed low enough and traffic light enough that visual right of way would suffice?
https://www.loc.gov/resource/g4014nm.g033751952/?sp=9&st=image&r=0.346,0.184,0.575,0.669,0
Quote from: trainman203 on March 06, 2026, 08:20:06 PMUntil I see an actual track plan of the Sioux town layout with dimensions, I'll never believe that layout is a 4 x 8. The perspectives in looking at distance views on that layout are just too long. I am a retired architect with some art training too, and I believe I can speak with some authority about this. At 8:24 is one of several overall views that cannot possibly be on a 4 x 8 surface.