News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

old passenger cars

Started by rustycoupler, August 06, 2009, 10:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rustycoupler

the sprectrum passenger cars from i guess the 80s do they still make them ? preferabally the heavyweights.

simkon

Not at this time but they can easily be had at a train show, at your LHS and places like Hobby Lobby or Hobbytown USA, or on Ebay/the internet. Your current Bachmann offerings are as follows:
85' Budd Full Dome Passenger Car, Jackson Sharp Open-Sided Excursion Car with Seats, Double Deck Push/Pull Commuter Car, 85' Amfleet I Coach, 85' Amfleet I Cafe, 85' Amfleet I Acela Regional Coach, 85' Amfleet I Acela Regional Cafe, Business Class Passenger Car Amtrak, First Class Passenger Car Amtrak, Cafe Acela Amtrak, & End - Business Class Passenger Car Amtrak.
So if you like Amtrak, Santa Fe, Alaska (Mckinley Explorer), Metropolitan Transportation Authority, Southern Pacific, Great Northern, or Royal Gorge Railroad you are in luck. Also there are several unlettered variates available too.

simkon

Additionally, if you're not opposed to buying a whole set...these 4 sets include the spectrum heavyweights.
The Explorer is availible in Union Pacific, New York Central, & Santa Fe. It includes a DCC 2-8-0 and 1 each of an observation, coach, & combine.  The Cavalier includes a DCC N&W Class J 4-8-4 locomotive (Railfan #611) and 1 each of a coach, combine & observation. 
These are other passenger options: The Nor'easter includes Acela HHP-8, two Acela regional coaches, & a Acela regional café. The Acela Express set comes with dual locomotives, a first class passenger car, business class passenger car, and Cafe Acela car.