News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC in Rail Truck

Started by wedressler, August 02, 2009, 10:47:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wedressler

I'm having continued problems in installing a DCC decoder in the Rail Truck. I've tried both a LokPilot Basic and a LokPilot 3.0. I seem to have no speed control, it runs fast ot not at all. I've tried both 14 and 28 speed steps. On the  "Basic" decoder I tried adjusting the starting and max voltages but this had no effect , except that the decoder malfunctined after a couple of tries.  With the regular LokPilot, the decoder failed after I tried adjusting (turning off or reducing) the BEMF.  Neither decoder will now reset.

I haven't yet tried removing the board and just installing the decoder, but would like to avoid doing this if possible.  Are there capacitors on the board for the front truck that could be causing a problem?  Any suggestions would be appreciated. This should be a very simple install of the track, motor and light wires via the screw connectors.

Bill Dressler

Nathan

wedressler

Nathan- thanks, It was indeed George's tips that I folllowed for the installation. I now understand others have had similar problems and neede to remove the factory board.  Bill

wedressler

Just to close the loop. I got a replacement V3.0 LokPilot decoder from ESU, removed the main board completely and the Rail truck now works fine. I'll need to get some resistors before I hook up the head- and tail- light LED's

Bill Dressler