News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Berk Wireing Help

Started by Jib228, August 03, 2009, 11:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jib228

So I have had my Bachmann HO 1225 Berkshire since last fall and it has been running just fine, aside from a few minor bugs that I worked out.

The other day I packed it up back in the original box to take it to a friends house and run on his layout. And she ran just fine. I then packed it back up and brought in back home. Now each time I packed it up, I used a small pair of needle nose pliers to carefully unplug the wires form the DCC decoder in the tender to the locomotive.

When I got home I noticed the wires may be close to falling off, so I was very careful when plugging them back in.

After running for a bit back home, the tender derailed at a switch while the Berk was pulling 8 cars. The draft bar, I think that is what it is called, came lose and the whole weight of the train was on the wires. This then caused two of the wires to brake off of the plugs. One of the headlight wires, of one of the driver pick up wires.

I Think I can replace the male ends of the plugs as they are the ones broken.

Is it possible for me to get a replacement set of plugs form Bachmann, or my local hobby shop?

the Bach-man

Dear Jib,
Give the service department a call tomorrow.
Have fun!
the Bach-man