News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Large scale 4-4-0

Started by hungry horace, August 04, 2009, 09:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hungry horace

Mr Bachmann, I have had a 4-4-0 on order from Bachmann UK for months, I rang Bachmann UK the other day and was told that it could be several more months before  it would be delivered. Is this model still being made?, and if so why the tremendous delay?. If this is how a large multi national company runs itself it does not bide well in my eyes and possibly others here in the UK. I acknowledge that there is a worldwide recession, but hey here I am waiting the spend my money on one of your products!!!.....Jim

tac

Dear Mr Horace - sad to report, but you have made a couple of misplaced assumptions here.

1.  You have assumed that the 'Americans' are there to be bought.  They are not.  The 4-4-0's have been out of production for a number of years.  There is probably nowhere in the UK that has one for sale, but you might try Andrew Steele at Garden Railway Centres

2.  You have assumed that Bachmann UK has even the slightest interest in getting ahold of ONE locomotive from an obsolete line for ONE person.  Bleeve me, it isn't going to happen.

You would far better off getting a copy of the US GR magazine and buying your loco from the USA - in a recent issue in front of me there are at least three dealers with them still in stock, at prices sustantially less than half of the UK asking price of around =$650 or so.

Good luck.

tac
www.ovgrs.org

mabloodhound

Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

on30gn15

just looked at Horizon and Walthers websites - using part number 81392 the Unletttered (Olive Green & Russia Iron) 4-4-0, {one pretty locomotive if I may say so  8)}
Walthers says "not currently in stock at Walthers, Expected: TBA(Adv. Res.)/" .
Apparently it is scheduled for release later.
Later this year? Early next? They don't say that much.
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

calenelson

I have a Black Undec that is looking for a new home, nearly new

hungry horace

Mr Bachmann can you please clarify the position of the 4-4-0`s items #81391 and 81392. Are they as TAC claims now out of production ? Thanks to everyone sending me relevant information, much appreciated.....Jim

the Bach-man

Dear Jim,
I am currently in Durango at Soundtraxx, along with a couple of other folks from Philly.
If no one here knows, we'll try to find out.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

the Bach-man

Dear Jim,
The 4-4-0s are in the catalog, in stock in Philly, and next years line has not been finalized.
Yo should haveno trouble finding one in the US.  As for the UK, you'll have to ask them.
Good luck!
the Bach-man

Dave

Can you talk soundtrax into producing their Sierra sound units again. They are great value and sound great, and I need some for my Shay and Annie.

Casey_Jones

Great point Dave,  glad you asked.

Bach-man,  any chance you guys are working with Soundtraxx to develop a TBIII for the Williams line?

Rumor has it you guys are working a some big things that will position you as a MOJOR player in O scale

hungry horace

Mr Bachmann, After waiting for months for my loco to arrive, then complaining to you 3 weeks ago, ....what arrived on my doorstep yesterday?.Yes my loco, and I must say it was worth the wait, it is truly outstanding, the paint job is a work of art with all the pinstriping, man it`s so good I`m going to order a couple more. Many thanks.......Jim

the Bach-man

Dear Horace,
Glad to hear it!
Enjoy!
the Bach-man