Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

LS 1:20.3 Caboose Has Arrived!

Started by the Bach-man, August 04, 2009, 10:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Bach-man

Dear All,
Well, sort of...
They have landed ans ar in US Customs. (Looks like Bucksco was right...!)
We'll get them out as soon as they're released. At least you no longer have to worry about shipwrecks and pirates!
Anticipate!
the Bach-man

mudhen

Let me be the 1st to say:
Thank You to the captain of the ship for getting it here.  :)
Thanks to the pirates for leaving the ship alone,  to arrive intact.  ;D
And to customs for hopefully a very short hold on Bachmann's container. :-X
And last but not ..........O you no, to the Back man and company....... Thanks, You have tough me anticipation.  ::)
I can rest at ease now knowing I'll have a complete, fantastic looking consist. A K27 to start it and caboose to end and complete it.  ;D
Thanks  ;)     

Mike M

Bach-man thank you for posting this information
Mike

bob kaplan

Oh Shucks....now we will have to find something else to whine about....of course that will probably be easy..

Mike M

Bob I don't understand why you had to make such a comment. Are you trying to cause trouble?  people ask questions for a reason. If you had read all the questions asked about the subject maybe you would better understand why questions are asked. if you really wanted to know why so many questions were asked about the caboose maybe you should of asked the individual. This is the reason I very rarely ask questions on a public forum. Just think what a beginner is thinking about the comments you made.
Mike

bob kaplan

Nope, not cause trouble...but just a comment after reading much discussion on the caboose...if someone feels it  applies to them....perhaps there is a reason he/she feels that way.  Perhaps i am whinning....but...

on30gn15

Quote from: bob kaplan on August 05, 2009, 05:20:31 PM
Oh Shucks....now we will have to find something else to whine about....of course that will probably be easy..
Uh-oh  :-[ looking at my self, it is oh so easy to do that!  Example using another item - am getting one of the Anniversary 4-6-0 locos: I like it, am glad to have it to get, will greatly enjoy having it; but, probably the second thing that falls out of my mouth when talking about the loco is, "Something about that air compressor piping doesn't look right . . . "   
Then again, Kathy says that commentary about the piping leaves my reputation intact.
(is that a good thing she's saying about me, intact reputations are good, aren't they ????) ;)
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

Doug.Oaks

We go through this process every time something new is announced. The complaints, whining, etc. are, for me, a source of amusement. I love it.
Okay Mr. Batchman, when are you going to get off your duff and get us something new???
Hah! Is this a great hobby, or what?

Doug

Kevin Strong

Quote from: on30gn15 on August 06, 2009, 04:47:52 AM
... probably the second thing that falls out of my mouth when talking about the loco is, "Something about that air compressor piping doesn't look right . . . "   

Try tracing the piping on the 2-8-0. It's quite amusing. The feedwater lines from the tender go straight into the firebox, and it just gets more convoluted from there. They've gotten better since then, but I still wouldn't recommend their designers moonlight as plumbers.  :D

Later,

K

James Thomas

Would you say this thread has gotten a little off track?

-JRT

rslater

Hey Mr. B

I will attempt to get this thread back on track

Has shipping to dealers started yet?  Customs has had long enough.
Time to start running with new caboose. ;D ;D

Rick

mudhen

I agree with you rslater.
If the custom boys and girls have them much longer, they may just want to keep them all for themselves. You won't let this happen ?, will you  Mr Bach Man. ? :'(
I just purchased 4 idler cars and 2 open end pipe gondolas to go with the rest of the freight sitting in the yard.  :D but it can't leave the yard until it has its CABOOSE. Sorry I didn't mean to shout....... Yes I did,  ;D
My Anticipation is wearing very, very, thin.   

Bucksco

Relax. They arrived in Philadelphia last Thursday and are shipping this week, and it's not even September yet!

Would have posted this sooner but the Bach man and I just returned from Durango. Couldn't take another day of pacing back and forth on the loading dock so we had to get away!   ;)

Sorry - couldn't find Dan - but we found this:

Just kidding ! We were attending dealer seminars with our good friends from Soundtraxx

We did take a nice train ride:

The caboose is shipping!

glennk28

Actually, Mudhen--you need one more pipe gon--4 idlers and 3 gons--since you can have a gon at each end of an idler flat.  gj

Jon D. Miller

QuoteSorry - couldn't find Dan

Sure you didn't miss much.  Why even look?

One of the "Enthusiastic Children"

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)