News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

LS 1:20.3 Caboose Has Arrived!

Started by the Bach-man, August 04, 2009, 10:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Bach-man

Hi, all!
I guess we can let Jack in off the loading dock now!
You'll really like the cabeese!
the Bach-man

mudhen

glennk28:
The 3rd gondola is being picked up on Saturday. My supplier was short one.  :-\
And to Buckco and the Back mann, thanks for all your input, weather it was good or bad, and your help. I will now be able to put anticipation away for a long over due rest, until you come out with something else I'll just have to have, Yesterday. ::)
Just can't wait to get my hands on it now to see how you have out done yourselfs this time, again, and put it on the tracks where it belongs. The train is about to leave the yard. Thanks again.  ;D
Nice pictures of the caboose too. I have to go to Durango, someday :)   

shakeyjake45

Which actual caboose number was measured to arrive at the current model being produced?

Jake

rslater

ANTICIPATION IS OVER ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
My caboose is being delivered tomorrow  can't wait to see it in hand.

mudhen

Are you not the lucky one. My supplier said I will have mine by next Saturday. sniff....sniff :-\

rslater

Hey All,

My caboose arrived today.  Must be the first kid on the block.  What a beauty. ::)
Read the directions for removing the roof.  Tricky at first.  If you are using batteries remove the cushion first
then slide the cover back.  As soon a I change couplers, I am ready.
:D ;D :o ::)

Let me hear you comments when you get yours

Rick

rslater

Hi All,

Installed kadees.  Something has changed.  The 830 no longer just drops in the draft gear box.  I trimmed the lug and the insides of the coupler shank.  Slid right in place.  I am going to drill holes, replace the pins, so the cut levers are not loose.  Graphics are very sharp but the paint is a little glossy, a shot of dulcote will take care of that.

Later,
Rick ;)

JLyans

I picked up one of the new Spectrum, 1:20.3 long cabooses today. Bachmann has really raised the bar on this one.  The dimensions look good, the detail is great, and the interior is fantastic! The car even rolls well. Well done Bachmann.

John

glennk28

my dealer did not have them yet as of Tuesday morning (8/25)--but I saw at least three on eBay already.  gj

Jon D. Miller

Mine arrived at the dealers on the 17th.  As luck would have it that's the day we left for Canada to attend our daughter's wedding.

Was able to pick the cabin up today. Took a couple of pictures before getting started adding detail and lettering.  The caboose arrived in great condition. Bachmann has a winner with this latest offering.

Now we'll see what Danny has to say.   ;) 

One of the "Enthusiastic Children"

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

Jon D. Miller

As delivered it appears that the marker light lanterns are not properly installed on most if not all units.  The markers have the green lense to the rear. Wrong.

Red should show to the rear and sides.  Green should show to the front. Have read, but don't know for sure, that at some point in time the markers were changed to amber lenses to the sides and rear.

On another site there's a posting where a new owner managed to damage the marker light wiring when trying to get the red lenses facing to the rear.  It is not necessary to pull the marker light assembly from the body.  The lantern will slide off the marker light base.

Here's the lantern removed from its base.  All that is necessary to get the proper lense orientation is to move the left lantern to the right side and right lantern to the left.  Also refer to page G887X-IS001 of supplied documentation.  Takes about a minute or so to make the correction.  Wonder why folks won't take the time to review supplied documentation before attempting any work on a model.   ::)

Wonder if Danny has figured this out yet?

One of the "Enthusiastic Children"

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

Bucksco

Thanks for the "quick fix" info Jon!

calenelson

JD,

You gonna paint those hand rails and ladders to match the prototype photo above, or gonna wait to see what "Danny" says?  ;)

cale

mudhen

Seems that Bachmann has forgotten about us up in the great white  north. But my supplier says he hopes to have them next week. Thank God, I am so jealous that some of you already have your cabooses. Here come anticipation again !!!!!!!