News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

conrail set

Started by whatsamatteru, August 05, 2009, 09:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatsamatteru

my dad worked for the conrail railroad and i wanted to get a conrail train set rather than building one.  is a train show or ebay the best place.  thanks

jettrainfan

If you want a roster(locomotives/freight cars/passenger) of Conrail, then you might wanna try both. You will have better luck with eBay, but people at train shows usually know what they have.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

simkon

If you know more than the seller does, you can get great deals on ebay.  For example, a seller had for sale "a non-operational atlas fm h16-44", but it was actually operational. It was just set to a non-factory address and not the cab number either, and I just reprogrammed it to a new address and it ran. Most sell for around $75-125, and I picked mine up for $35.

jward

don you are in o guage right?
lionel  produced a model of a former pennsylvania rr class n5c caboose. it's the one with the round windows on the sides. well over 150 of these survived into conrail, and were a common sight on trains until cabooses were eliminated in the mid 1980s.
finding one of these painted for conrail would be a good start, if it is part of a set you probably have something reasonably close to an actual conrail train.

what part of conrail did he work for? i was on the pittsburgh division out of etna yard.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

whatsamatteru

yea i am o gauge.  i wanted to get a set.  the new lionel conrail set out is just too high for me.  its going for 429 on ebay but that is not selling.  so it will probally go way down next year.   plus i dont have legacy and dont see myself getting it soon so i am looking for an older train set.

my dad worked out of ashtabula.  from 64-91.  train derailed and he had to jump and messed up his back so that was pretty much it.  he was a conductor but there was always a lot of bumping going on so sometimes he was home everyday and other times he would be gone for days.  he died in 01.  i got his 736 berkshire and freight set.  had it for 8 years and this year decided to get it out.  so now im hooked.

don