News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

run topic

Started by whatsamatteru, August 16, 2009, 07:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatsamatteru

i have been learning about the hobby and i learned certain things like the 6417 caboose has a more rare caboose without the new york zone on it.

my question is in todays market do they still do things like that.  does bachmann or other companies make a more rare version of things.  or is that a thing of the past. 

thanks

simkon

There will be items that are limited/special edition for Proto 2000, or special runs for athearn or atlas, these are typically smaller roads or maybe scenic railroads, others may be just due to a lack of demand. Often times if it has a limited run or is special edition it may cost $5-10 more because of that, but as far as collectiblility goes, it is not usually worth any more, but there are a couple of exceptions.

pdlethbridge

Wasn't the Bachmann C&O George Washington set a special run?

Frisco

Quote from: pdlethbridge on August 16, 2009, 09:08:55 PM
Wasn't the Bachmann C&O George Washington set a special run?
Yes, but they don't sell for much over the original retail price, even now that they are discontinued.

Woody Elmore

If they reran rare items, the item would no longer be rare! Besides, rarity is a subjective thing. The only really rare train I know about is the Lionel Standard Gauge Blue Comet train of 1929.