News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Sound for Scale Hudson

Started by Tompkenney, August 13, 2009, 10:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tompkenney

I want to install a Sound Commander 2 by ERR into the tender of the Williams by Bachmann Scale Hudson--It has a tethered tender wich contains the reverse board, and TBII board & speaker

I have a few questions--

Is there enough room in the tender?
Is the existing speaker 8 ohms? 
Or will I have to get a new speaker?
Where do the reed switch and magnet go? 
How difficult is the installation?
Any help would be appreciated...

stubbsO

I did this to a 681 tender last year, mine's not tetered like yours, but to answer your questions.
1. There should be more than enough room to do this.
2. Don't know about the speaker, I just used everything from the ERR kit to keep it all matched.
3. The magnet is on the inside of the wheel, the reed switch was a PITA to figure out where to install. That's something your going to have to figure out the best place to install it to make work fro your application, sorry.
4.Took me all of about 1/2 hour after drilling some holes in the frame to help let the sound out.
I'm sure 3rd Rail or The Bachmann will chime in on this, or someone that has. Good Luck

steam1941

Had Western Depot install ERR  Steam Sound system in a Semi-Scale Williams Hudson.     Overall I am disappointed,  If you run train with any speed the chuffing can hardly be heard, and overall the sound system is quiet, you can hardly hear the whistle.      After contacting ERR, they state you can control the volume by using your TMCC control, I said I operated my
layout conventionally, so no cure to correct the "quiet" system?  HELP!
>:(