New O Gauge Peter Witt Trolleys

Started by steam1941, August 13, 2009, 02:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steam1941

Was wondering if a release date has been set for the Peter Witt cars?   
Also those interested in having a trolley / street carline on their layout, the
K-Line  by Lionel wide Radius Superstreet works great!

Jerry M
Jax Fl

the Bach-man

Dear Steam,
We are hoping for October delivery.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

CandO

I am really excited about these. I just placed an order for the Cleveland Transit PW trolley. I may also order one for Baltimore.
Way to go Williams by Bachmann!

OGReditor

October delivery would sure be nice, but I'll be happy with any date prior to Thanksgiving so I can add a trolley line to my Christmas display and give those babies some running time!   :D

ChessieMan1976

Looking forward to receiving the Baltimore Peter Witt models.

j2morris

Any chance the Bachmann will offer scale profile wheels or axles for the Peter Witt or can tell me the shaft and wheel information so that they can be made/purchased at NorthWest Short Line or Q Car Company?

zwbob

How tight of a turning radius will the witt trolleys have? I was thinking of using the k-line super streets for mine. Super streets comes in 21" and 16" curves. Are these to tight for the trolley?

OGReditor

Awfully hard to say what radius (or diameter) they will be able to handle since they haven't been released yet and there's no test like a hands-on test to make that determination.

My guess is they will NOT negotiate the D16 curves but MAY handle the D21s.  Still, that's nothing more than a guess, but I'll find out for sure once the trolleys get here.

Allan Miller

DominicMazoch

Now, if you made Siemens S-70 LRT's, I'll be the first to buy!

MAPA JCT

Delivery update: Sometime THIS quarter, meaning JAN, FEB, or MARCH. That's the last word I got.