Chuggington: Competition with Thomas?

Started by 4x4WHEELDRIVE, August 13, 2009, 07:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainguy111

They can be made in HO, too. But i want bachmann to give Gauge 3 a try. they might start a new trend.

PasqualeCS96

Sorry, but it's not going to happen, probally bot even in HO/OO. I mean they didin't even have a five year anniversery or original writer who grew up in Britain. Thomas has a 65 year anniversay and the Reverand Wilbert Awdry was the original writer before his book series was to be a TV series along with movies, and products. Chuggington only has five minute runtime episodes and stupid die-cast models that can't even connect with Take-Along Thomas. UP WITH THOMAS!!! DOWN WITH CHUGGINGTON!!!

trainguy111

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on June 09, 2010, 09:21:34 PM
Sorry, but it's not going to happen, probally bot even in HO/OO. I mean they didin't even have a five year anniversery or original writer who grew up in Britain. Thomas has a 65 year anniversay and the Reverand Wilbert Awdry was the original writer before his book series was to be a TV series along with movies, and products. Chuggington only has five minute runtime episodes and stupid die-cast models that can't even connect with Take-Along Thomas. UP WITH THOMAS!!! DOWN WITH CHUGGINGTON!!!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!! UP WITH BOTH!!!!!

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on June 09, 2010, 09:21:34 PMChuggington only has five minute runtime episodes and stupid die-cast models that can't even connect with Take-Along Thomas. UP WITH THOMAS!!! DOWN WITH CHUGGINGTON!!!
Remember when Thomas episodes were only 5 minutes and the only merchandise was ERTL models?  ::)

thomasj219

Yeah they did, same would go for these.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: Sparks on June 09, 2010, 10:30:56 PM
Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on June 09, 2010, 09:21:34 PMChuggington only has five minute runtime episodes and stupid die-cast models that can't even connect with Take-Along Thomas. UP WITH THOMAS!!! DOWN WITH CHUGGINGTON!!!
Remember when Thomas episodes were only 5 minutes and the only merchandise was ERTL models?  ::)
I do remember that, cannot believe I forgot about that. But since ERTL models we have gotten Hornby, Learning curve, Take-Along, Tomy/Trackmaster, and of course Bachmann.

Hoss

Remember when Thomas episodes were only 5 minutes and the only merchandise was ERTL models?  ::)
To go with what Sparks said, Thomas had something Chuggington probably won't, roots in reality. Of course those roots are almost dead now thanks to HiT, but nonetheless, I've seen clips of Chuggington, a sad excuse for a show. I've done better 3d animation, and I only took a semester long class.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: Hoss on June 10, 2010, 04:51:28 PM
To go with what Sparks said, Thomas had something Chuggington probably won't, roots in reality. Of course those roots are almost dead now thanks to HiT
Oh please, Britt accomplished that a long time ago with stuff like Magic Railroad and screwing up Season 3s plots. :P

PasqualeCS96

What do you mean by screwing up season 3 plots?
Quote from: Sparks on June 10, 2010, 07:50:49 PM
To go with what Sparks said, Thomas had something Chuggington probably won't, roots in reality. Of course those roots are almost dead now thanks to HiT
Oh please, Britt accomplished that a long time ago with stuff like Magic Railroad and screwing up Season 3s plots. :P
But the series in my opinion was still going well and had nice episodes up until the first episode in season 8.

Hoss

Thank you Pasquelle, Britt did a good job. My dad, who is 50 years old enjoyed Thomas along with me. Then HiT took over and now I only watch the clips for the 3d animation.

PasqualeCS96

trainguy111

I've been thinking and I've decided that Chuggington is not the best. Too many diesels and too much stretchyness.

thomasj219

Well we are all proud you have come to that decision. ;D
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

jettrainfan

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on June 15, 2010, 09:06:36 AM

He means that Britt changed the plot/ added a twist. Its not like the book.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

trainguy111

Quote from: thomasj219 on June 15, 2010, 06:26:30 PM
Well we are all proud you have come to that decision. ;D

Not a problem. After all, Casey Junior is more tolerateable then chuggington. Did I mention i plan to make my own fan series using G scale Items? It will be called Narrow Gauge Engines.