Chuggington: Competition with Thomas?

Started by 4x4WHEELDRIVE, August 13, 2009, 07:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SodorAdventures

I personally dont ever want to watch playhouse disney again for their "amateur" ;)  show mostly based on Thomas and Friends, it gives me shivers to think about how playhouse Disney could knock HIT entertainment off the charts in one move!
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

DealAjani

Dear me....

The loco that I poseted before is a European design used in China during that occupation. It simply looks like an A4. The loco that is in Chuggington is based off of Mallard, just with a few modifications; ie; installing a bunker. It is not just some random design.

Try not to be so narrow minded.

PasqualeCS96

I discovered another Copy! :P The Ice cream trucks are in both shows to but the show that shall not be named took that to a new level, also the blue diesal is like the Class 40 one as seen in "Bowled Out". The Zoo cars, Zoo train, and Ice cream train is wierd too.

DrNickRiviera995

I've seen it a few times here.  Not as good as Thomas, not even close.  Just as someone else said, it just looks cheesy and cheap.  Especialy the rails or whatever they use, sorta reminds me of a subway maybee.

I really prefer the actual model train sets from the older Thomas episodes, just think it's much cooler to see real model trains running in a real set than all the CGI stuff.

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: DrNickRiviera995 on May 09, 2010, 04:09:09 PM
I've seen it a few times here.  Not as good as Thomas, not even close.  Just as someone else said, it just looks cheesy and cheap.  Especialy the rails or whatever they use, sorta reminds me of a subway maybee.

I really prefer the actual model train sets from the older Thomas episodes, just think it's much cooler to see real model trains running in a real set than all the CGI stuff.
Same Here. Guess What Eveyone! The Chuggington Take-Alons have been released and there are wierd and ugly.
Quote from: Anthony P2 on April 18, 2010, 08:47:06 PM
and another point (well 3) is that some of the engines are made up and others are based off of real engines, w/ some major adjustments like: there is an A4 (such a copy off of spencer) WITH OUT A TENDER!!!! where does the coal and water go? another point is that they don't even travel on real railway tracks, they travel on ( what look like to me ) weird iron girders. and my last point is why is it called chuggington when most of the abominations are diesels?
The Tracks remind me of TOMY tracks. And Also, the coal hoppers that Have a US design have Buffers! Also that is the only thing you see these dispicable Diesels pull, no passengers what so ever! Gordon would not like that and what about the children?!

Hoss

Anyone else noticing a trend of low-quality, no sense, children's programming?
Anyone remember Theodore Tugboat, TUGS, obviously the original Thomas the tank engine?

Anthony P2

i used to love Theodore. he did come on recently on a channel called "qubo" but it was like 12 EST at night  and 3 EST, but unfortunately they took him off the air for good. and ya you do have a point. everything has to be "educational" and other stuff.
but back when TUGS and Thomas (the original series that were based on the books) made it look like you didn't even learn a lesson because you were so interested in things like explosions and fires (in TUGS), trains crashing.
now that i think of it, did you notice nothing has been "saved from scrap" since season 5 (old slow coach).

Hoss

Quote from: Anthony P2 on May 29, 2010, 10:48:47 PM
i used to love Theodore. he did come on recently on a channel called "qubo" but it was like 12 EST at night  and 3 EST, but unfortunately they took him off the air for good. and ya you do have a point. everything has to be "educational" and other stuff.
but back when TUGS and Thomas (the original series that were based on the books) made it look like you didn't even learn a lesson because you were so interested in things like explosions and fires (in TUGS), trains crashing.
now that i think of it, did you notice nothing has been "saved from scrap" since season 5 (old slow coach).
Yeah, I noticed that too.

Everything has to be all Politically corrected up Political Correctors have gone too far. First the Rev.'s original writtings, then Britt Alcroft's version of the show being "Sexist" And now everything is all tofu farting fairies and tree huggers. I'm surprised HiT hasn't made a show about Thomas "saving the trees." Now that I said that, they probably will.

Sorry about my little rant.

trainguy111

Ah, here is the other one. I like chuggington. One of my favorite characters is Zephie. I hope bachmann makes chuggington models, especially in Gauge 3.

StanierJack

trainguy111

Quote from: StanierJack on June 09, 2010, 02:05:30 AM
Quote from: trainguy111 on June 08, 2010, 08:29:47 PMGauge 3.

I lol'd. Why would they do them in such an obscure scale?

To meet my narrow gauge engines, of course! I only collect g scale 45mm eninges between the scales of 1:20.3 and 1:24. And gauge 3 is not as obscure as you think. Check out this link: http://www.gauge3.org.uk/ and you'll see what i mean.

StanierJack

Quote from: trainguy111 on June 09, 2010, 06:48:01 AM

To meet my narrow gauge engines, of course! I only collect g scale 45mm eninges between the scales of 1:20.3 and 1:24. And gauge 3 is not as obscure as you think. Check out this link: http://www.gauge3.org.uk/ and you'll see what i mean.

I know what Gauge 3 is, but it's got no chance. Seriously.

trainguy111

Quote from: StanierJack on June 09, 2010, 05:02:12 PM
Quote from: trainguy111 on June 09, 2010, 06:48:01 AM

I know what Gauge 3 is, but it's got no chance. Seriously.

Stop talking cruel!!! You're ruining my dreams!

thomasj219

He's not talking cruel hes talking honesty. If BACHMANN somehow did make CHUGGINGHTON, which in itself is very unlikley they would DEFINITELY be HO why?...... SO KIDS CAN MIX THEM WITH THOMAS.

It just makes sense, sorry if I crushed your dreams.  ::)
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: thomasj219 on June 09, 2010, 06:35:06 PM
He's not talking cruel hes talking honesty. If BACHMANN somehow did make CHUGGINGHTON, which in itself is very unlikley they would DEFINITELY be HO why?...... SO KIDS CAN MIX THEM WITH THOMAS.

It just makes sense, sorry if I crushed your dreams.  ::)
This is true. Bachmann did Underground Ernie in HO/OO right? :P