News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

large scale = scale G/IIm???

Started by Dupk, August 17, 2009, 05:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dupk

hello!

i want to know, if the Bachmann large scale is compatible with scale g/IIm?

best regards
Dirk

shining time

i really wouldn't know and welcome to the board
:)
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

Hamish K

All "G", IIm and Bachmann Large Scale trains use 45mm gauge track and can be operated together. In some cases couplers might differ.

IIm is 1/22.5 scale on 45mm gauge track representing metre gauge prototypes. Bachmann Large Scale is, for non-Thomas items, either 1/22.5 scale (Big Haulers) or 1/20.3 scale (Spectrum). I don't know the scale of the Thomas items. As previously stated , all Bachmann Large Scale uses 45mm gauge scale.

"G" is a confusing term.  Some use it for 1/22.5 scale, others for any scale running on 45mm gauge track. Other scales include 1/24, 1/29 and 1/32 as well as those mentioned.

Many people mix scales on 45mm gauge track. This can involve  operating trains of different scales at different times, or mixing  scales together at the same time. Of course different scales together may look odd, that is up to you. The Bachmann Thomas Large Scale should be able to operate with any existing IIm, G or Large Scale equipment you may have.   Whether they would  look OK together is for you to decide.

Hamish

Dupk

thx 2 u very much 4 the explanation, hamish!
now it`s clear to me.

Dirk