New 2-10-2 - DCC - not working

Started by RickWillison, August 19, 2009, 09:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickWillison

I just got a replacement loco from Bachmann
I put on the program track and it was recognized and took the programming I thought
However once I placed it on the main it does nothing  - I am not new to DCC
I am new to the DCC - steam loco though and the item did not come with any special instructions for setting it up
I have checked the wire connections and they are good
The train did do the small moves forward during programming I amused to seeing so
Any input would be nice

Thank You
Richard Willison

the Bach-man

Dear Richard,
Try setting CV 8 to 8, restoring defaults.
Let us know.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

RickWillison

Set CV 8 to 8 and went back to 003 address and nothing

simkon

Maybe it has to do with the short and long address or is it set to analog mode. Check the values of those CVs. I know you already reset everything, but it doesn't hurt to check those values. Do other Bachmann steam locos run for you, what DCC system are you using?

Jim Banner

Resetting the decoder should have set the short address to 03 and CV29 for short address.  Analog conversion on or off makes no difference if you are using DCC.  I am assuming you saw the motor kick when you did the reset.  If not, try it again.

I too am wondering what DCC system you are using.  I am also wondering how your locomotive ran when you first tested it, before changing any CVs.  If it ran well, then you are most likely looking at a programming problem.  If it did not run on address 03 fresh out of the box, then there may be a problem with the locomotive.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

RickWillison

I am using NCE
the loco never moved on the main -  bachmann and other brand trains work fine on the main running three right now
Yes there was motor kick when on the program track

I will go over the CVs today and try to figure it out

Once CV8 is set to 8 on NCE you should be able to just put in 3 or 03 or 003 or 0003 am I correct in thinking this

FYI - I am using the NCE power cab - with USB computer control - and Decoder pro - this is the first loco I have ever had issues with the programming not working and I have many different kinds of locos and DCC controllers on the track, mainly NCE and Bachmann though