My problem With service department

Started by rtraincollector, August 28, 2009, 09:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtraincollector

I don't know what other persons problem with them is but I have called at least 3 times and left message with return phone number and email address and have yet to get a reply and all I need is the front (or back depends how you look at it) head light lens for my GG-1 scale size by williams. I bought this new in box off bay of E and it was missing and guy couldn't help me. Also the true blast horn doesn't work but the bell does. but not worried about that as probally will put tmcc in it and sound.

stubbsO

I'll keep my comments in the cheaper seats as I hurt the mods feeling with a post on a like subject. I say try this guy and the heck with the factory, You might as well be beating a dead horse!  http://ogaugerr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/57660482/m/425109722

rtraincollector

Thanks will give him a call tomorrow ( monday)

Sunrise Special

Lately I have seen several posts on this and other O gauge forums about the lack of service from Bachmann.  I have to admit that it has me concerned about buying any future products.  O Gauge products are not cheap and it seems that good customer service is what stood Williams apart from the other manufacturers.  Larry Harrington and company...whatever the issue is please put your arms around it and straighten it out.  The lack of acknowledgement with a solution may give your faithful customer base the perception that you don't care.  Not Good..People are voting with their wallet these days.  Just a thought.

Sunrse

rtraincollector

sunshine there seems to be more problems to me with the now Williams by Bachmann. As a whole still a good product but If I had these problems and if it was still just Williams they would send me the parts free but since this engine is a Williams before take over I will have to buy the parts I need and the sound board use to be $19.99 now its 41.99

The Pink girls set use to be $399.99 now $599.95 and we use to get 20% discount as being a platinum member I'm not for a few reasons one we chose a car of our wishes not a car promoting there products. I know all companies have gone up to me it seems Bachmann the most. To me Bachmann isn't the value it use to be. I still like there product but probably won't buy anymore especially since they strong armed there dealers and told them they can't advertise any price other then retail. so to get a deal you have to call A, B, and C to see who will give you the best price.

Okay Done with my rant

3rail

Dear Sunrise,

We take all customer service issues seriously. All phone messages are returned and we log each attempt.  Regarding e-mails some people have spam filters or other tools that prevent emails from being delivered.  I know that sometimes we do not answer as quickly as people would like, but we do answer.

We always honor the terms of our warranty, many times we go beyond the terms to make the customer happy.   We have the best warranty in the O Gauge market.

We make the majority of our customers happy, but unfortunately most people only take the time to publicly share their negative experiences.  

If you have any problems that are not being resolved, you should call and ask to speak with the Customer Service Manager.

Regards,

3rail

3rail

Dear rtraincollector,

Some of your information is incorrect.  The price of the electronic buzzer horn was $19.99. The lowest price on a True Blast II sound boards was $29.95 in 2006.  The girls set was offered in early 2006 for a pre-order price of $399.95. That only lasted for a few months and the price increased to $499.95. 

The Platinum Club 20% discount damaged Williams' relationship with the dealers.  Bachmann does not compete with the sales of our dealers and they can sell the products for what ever price they wish.

For warranty issues, we cover any Williams product that is still cataloged.  Click for Warranty terms.

Regarding no horn on the True Blast board.  It is very unusual for one sound to work and not the other.  If you are using an older transformer that has a voltage boost like KW, ZW etc.  Try pushing the whistle button to the halfway position. This may solve the triggering problem.

Regards,

3rail

rtraincollector

Quote from: 3rail on August 31, 2009, 10:36:38 AM
Dear rtraincollector,

Some of your information is incorrect.  The price of the electronic buzzer horn was $19.99. The lowest price on a True Blast II sound boards was $29.95 in 2006.  The girls set was offered in early 2006 for a pre-order price of $399.95. That only lasted for a few months and the price increased to $499.95. 
thanks for the correction as I was trying to remember if it was 19.99 or 29.95 . still thou even at 29.95 there is a about a 40% increase.

The Platinum Club 20% discount damaged Williams' relationship with the dealers.  Bachmann does not compete with the sales of our dealers and they can sell the products for what ever price they wish.yes they can sell for what ever they wish but I've been told by more than one that Bachman informed them they needed to advertise at retail

For warranty issues, we cover any Williams product that is still cataloged.  Click for Warranty terms.I called before about this and did get Thur and was told if it is Williams by Williams it depends weather its covered or not. All you can do is send it in and it will be determined then.

Regarding no horn on the True Blast board.  It is very unusual for one sound to work and not the other.  If you are using an older transformer that has a voltage boost like KW, ZW etc.  Try pushing the whistle button to the halfway position. This may solve the triggering problem.My bust here no the bell nor the horn works I do hear a click but that's it. and I used a CW-80 transformer so it wasn't one of the older ones.

Regards,

3rail
As stated above I still like Williams products just have had some problems getting Thur to service/parts department. I did happen to find the lens thou last night I was looking at the engine and heard something loose inside so took cover off and there it was it had come loose inside. I may concider sending the engine in as it is still being sold by you all as its the scale GG-1.
Thank-you for your reply and your correction of my mistakes. I was not really trying to bad mouth Bachmann as I always thought highly of them but it just seems Williams has really raised there prices. I'm guessing it just the difference of proffit margin and inflation and not hearing back on the lens for the engine. Maybe I just slip Thur the cracks on my calls. I will probably look into sending the engine in and see what is what as per warranty on this item.

Sunrise Special

3rail,
  My post/reply concerning the potential misperception of the service department seems to have initiated some great discussion/clearing the air and a public apology by MB425. It most certainly makes me and I'm sure others feel more comfortable about supporting the Williams by Bachmann line of products! Thanks for helping set things straight.

Thanks again,

Sunrise

MAPA JCT

Contact me if you are unable to get parts. I f I don't have want you meed, I have another contact contact that may have what you need.
I also sell the TBII  Steam, Diesel, and reverse boards separately
Marty, MA&PA JCT