Warranty service for new Bachmann products purchased on Ebay

Started by Frankv, September 02, 2009, 09:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankv

I've purchased a number of new locos on Ebay, in particular from 2 sellers  with Ebay userid's "INTERNETRAILROAD" and "THEFAVORITESPOT", both of whom claim they are "factory authorized dealers" for Bachmann products. They both sell a ton of Bachmann stuff. The locos I received are obviously new, in Bachmann wrappings, and I've never had a problem with any of them. I see so many posts on this forum about sending locos back for warranty service, I just got to wondering if anybody has actually sent back for warranty service a new loco purchased on Ebay. If so, what was Bachmann's response and what sort of proof of purchase did they require? Thank you.

the Bach-man

Dear Frank,
New items from legitimate dealers are covered; "Collectible Rare loco from when I was sixteen (in 1983) just found in my attic" or "engine in box of trains purchased at train show for $11.00" are not.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

simkon

I had one problem with a loco I got from thefavoritespot, but I bought a total of 16 Bachmann locos from them so far. I filled out the warranty card and included my reciept that was included in the shipment, and they repaired the loco for me. It was an Erie 2-10-0 Decapod. "The Favorite Spot" I know is legit, but I am unsure of "J & D's Internet Railroad" I would call/email him to double check.

Robertj668

Simpkon
I too will vouch how great "TheFavoriteSpot" is.  I have bought all of my track, most of my engines (about 12 engines), passenger cars and now Race tracks stuff from him.  They are only 20  minutes from my house.  I have had to return a few things and have never had a problem.  His staff is great and from time to time I do get to talk to the owner and he is a great and honest person. 
Robert