News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Needing some help with train

Started by woman82, September 11, 2009, 09:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woman82

I came across an old train set from my grandfather's house.   I want to sell it, but have no clue what a reasonable price is.   It's a Bachmann "King of the Road" HO scale.   It's all in the box, never set up.   It comes complete with track and diesel engine with lights.   I also found N scale individual boxes.   One says "Penn Central"; another says "Sea Board Coast Line"; and "Norfolk and Western".   Any help with pricing would be greatly appreciated.

Conrail Quality

Not very much, probably. Maybe between $30 and $50, unless you have something very collectible. From what little you describe, it's impossible to give you a better estimate than that.

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

simkon

The HO set is nothing special, the loco included is probably not a very good runner, especially if it is from before the late 1980's (no offense Mr. Bachamnn), I would appraise it at $15 +/-$5. If the N scale individual boxes are rolling stock, I'd say $3 if MIB and newer (1990's-present), if older $1.50 tops. If they are locomotives...if they are post 1990...I'd say $7-15 depending on what it is (top end for larger steam engines, bottom end for diesels), if older $4, unless it is a larger steam engine then up to $10.
Source...spending too much time on ebay  ;D

CNE Runner

As an experienced vendor of model trains, I would say Simkon's advice/pricing is accurate. Most older train set quality pieces garner little public interest or revenue.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"