News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Climax/Heisler/Shay Upgrades

Started by gearhead, September 08, 2009, 07:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gearhead

Hi, newbie here. I'm basically a car guy, but like all kinds of old machines. Living near Cass, WV caused my interest in logging locos. I was hooked when I first saw a Shay run. Began buying Large Scale Bachmanns with their first Shay...intending to display/run them when I retired. I'm retired now with the 36T and 3-truck Shays and a Climax (missed out on a Heisler, but am still hopeful). Left them in boxes until now, which brings me here. I know that there were problems/fixes for (some of) the locos I have. I'm aware of my 36T Shay truck problems and the Climax driveshaft upgrade. Is there somewhere I can read about all fixes? Seems like info was available when each loco was "fresh," but not now.

I bought the replacement trucks for my 36T, but read on another thread here that there is needed info in addition to what comes w/trucks. Searched net but unable to find additional info. Help?! I'll call Bachmann Customer Service about the Climax driveshaft (and a couple other "dainty" parts I managed to break removing locos from boxes). I've visited George Schreyer's great site many times...mechanical I can do, but I don't think I have the skills to perform his electronic mods. :o

Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,
John

Nathan

John,

Check with Trainworld, I got a Heisler from them not to long ago, but they do not show on the website. St Aubin shows them in stock on their website.