Appropriate Soundtraxx decoder for the 2-8-0

Started by Mike_AA9ZY, August 28, 2010, 08:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike_AA9ZY

I bought a 2-8-0 from Micro-Mark recently and I want to add sound to it. Personally I don't quite understand Bachmann's marketing strategy when it comes to sound, but it's their company after all.

So, which Soundtraxx decoder is appropriate for  the 2-8-0? Also, I'm only going to install one speaker.

It's too bad Soundtraxx doesn't offer an aftermarket kit for these engines (decoder, speaker, cables, etc.)

Anyway, any new Bachmann On30 engines had better have factory sound installed, or I won't be buying them.

ebtbob

Mike,

I have two of the Bachmann On30 2-8-0s.   In one I have a Tsunami C class decoder and in the other I have light steam Tsunami.  This gives me two engines with different sounding whistles.  Another good Tsunami would be the Southern steam decoder.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Tomcat

Same with my engines: D&RGW C-Class works great, medium steam or light steam as well. Or if you want to have something more "chunky" - D&RGW K-Class! I have used this on my two converts to C-21 and C-25, the second C-21 (361) is already in the works..

Tom ;) ;) ;)

J.A.M.

Tsunami have sound demos on there website, I personally prefer medium or D&RGW C class for the Consolidation
Cheers  :)