News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

H-E-I-S-L-E-R

Started by NelsOn-30, September 09, 2009, 09:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.A.M.

Out of the 3 main types, the heisler is my fav. Loggers considered the heisler to be superior to the other 2 because it was the fastest, smoothest and caused the least amount of damage to the track.
Please Bachmann, let the On30 community have a model of this "Geared Legend"  :D

rayport

Instant gratification continues to be available from Wiseman!

darryl1936

The loooong wait might be worth it IF the running gear will hold up longer then two minutes the Climax and Shay lasted on my layout. I had six of those engines but just two now as I traded those loosers off to another fellow who was going to fix them.  Ha ha  He's not doing very well on that. He fixed one but the gear broke into pieces. For those willing to try and fix the problems, try NWSL for good gears.

TOF

Gunslinger_Fur

I wouldn't mind seeing a Heisler myself in On30. I've drawn up a freelance, and blatantly unprotypical  ;) , concept for one. I like thw WSL Heisler, but I think it's a bit "Steriotype" becuase whenever someone thinks od a Narrow Gauge Heisler, a West Side one is what people think of.

I am more in favor of a loco like this:
http://www.steamlocomotive.info/onephoto.cfm?display=181&size=1024&submit=1024

I think this prototype is practically screaming to become an On30 model. Not to mention her proportions look good for a 30" gauge model. (This loco is 3ft gauge if I'm corect) And this Heisler is one of the VERY select few with a wood cab. Now this is just my preverence. Whatever Bachmann does I'm sure we'll be happy with, or at least I hope.
A.J. Davis, aka "Gunslinger".

Dusten Barefoot

Now thats a beauty; but that cow catcher pilot needs to come off. I think you may have a prototype there sir.

Rock On!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Gunslinger_Fur

Yes I agree with you! The cowcatcher/pilot need to come off. Other than that I think this loco is the perfect prototype.  ;)
A.J. Davis, aka "Gunslinger".