News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum Chinese Type Engines

Started by Pacific Northern, December 12, 2009, 03:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific Northern

I was reading a thread on the Atlas forum about Bachmann and also Kader Industries which is the parent company.

The most interesting comments I found was that the quality of the "Chinese Type" engines sold primarily for the Asian market are considered to be higher in quality than even the Spectrum line of engines sold in North America.

This would certainly explain why my Spectrum 2-8-2 is my best running engine and also has the most added on detail.   

Interesting also is that Kader actually makes most of the other engines marketed by other companies.

Pacific Northern

tac

Indeed they do - have a look at the beautiful new 'City of Truro' loco - made as a limited edition for the British National Railway Museum....

Not to forget the other brilliant UK-outline Bachmann and Hornby models.

tac
www.ovgrs.org

bobwrgt

I have Bachmann ,English, Chinese and American engines and i find just a little slight difference in detail or running quality. Prices on the other hand ,in the US , are much higher for English or Chinese models. I don't think the discounts are as good as on the American models even in Europe.
The English and Chinese diesels run no better that the current Spectrum 8-40cw.
As far as quality control i see no difference at all. My Chinese model had a problem with the trucks, new out of the box.
The problem with the 2-8-2 steam is it's limited pulling power and price.

Bob