News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HERO OF THE RAILS Reviews

Started by Anthony P2, September 09, 2009, 10:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony P2

this is the topic were you can make a review on hero of the rails.

Hero of the Rails to me was great. the voices were nice the story was good and the CGI was great. i want to start off with the voices:
1) Thomas: it was ok for the CGI. i can't really see it for the models
2) Edward: he was good, (see sentence 2 of thomas)
3) Henry: it was ok, but GET RID OF THAT SMEGGING NEW YORK ACCENT! it would be just fine without it.
4) Gordon: i think it was great (see sentence 2 of thomas)
5) James: it was fine, i thought it could have been more of a "Michael Angilis" James but it was ok for the US.
6) Percy: it was good, for the models: no. for the CGI:yes
7) Toby: didn't have any lines except for "Gosh?!" so idk yet
8.) Emily: great, its awesome to here Emily in a female voice. i think it would be great for the models and CGI
9) Spencer: it was great for the CGI. i like that Michael Brandon did a British accent for him, but i like this one for the US
10) Mavis: it was great but i think it should be a little more deeper so that it separates from Emily and Rosie
im going to combined the next ones
11,12,13) Victor, Kevin, Rocky: i think that they all fit their parts
al in all they were good voices for the characters. they were good for the U.S. i really want to see the UK version.

everything else was good, the CGI needed a little more light in some places but it was good enough. Well done to Nitrogen Studios!
I think that this was the most comical Thomas movie so far. it was great Kevin the most and Victor reacting. LOL  ;D :D
the story line was even good to. but wouldn't you think that they would have found Hiro in The Great Discovery when they were looking for Thomas? anyway...
i like that i got to see Diesel, Rosie, and Madge make a cameo. i even liked seeing Mavis and Rocky speak, even though it was one line for the both of them. 
I would recommend Hero of the Rails to anyone! it was that great. i loved every minute of it.  So go out and buy Hero Of The Rails today, that s if you live in the U.S.

alex wittman

well i watched the movie and i loved it, i don't care about the voices, just the details are amazing, more reasons to model on the HO scale layouts. all in all i loved it

Anthony P2

another thing. i forgot to write, really blew me away. THEY GAVE HIRO HIS AUTHENTIC WHISTLE! I hey putt A LOT more detail in this movie.

Shining Time Station

I also really enjoyed the movie. It was alot better then i thought it was going to be. The opening was a very nice change and i really enjoyed there not being any learning stuff in between the scenes like movies befor.

shining time

i like the movie because it shows that each engine has there own personality and voice. and it make it look real to younger viewers that they are real if they imagine them to be real :)
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

panniertankboy8751

I thought the movie was well written, I think the somewhat New Yorker Acecent fits Henry, However, It does make him sound like Mort Goldmann on Family Guy. I also Noticed that Hiro plays the same whistle blasts every time.

alex wittman

OHHHHHHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH, i forgot about how henry souned like mort, that is funny i was thinling the same thing, but yes he does fit henry who ever he is, but emily sounds pretty cute.

Hiro and Hank

I wish your company would make HO Hank and Hiro. :-\

calenelson

Guys,

I have to disagree with most of what you all posted, sorry.  :(

The film; while "fun" to watch really broke my heart as an "old school" Thomas fan...remember back in the day when he didn't run anywhere but his Branch line? 

The story line was Pitiful! another "lost" railway siding (do they never do Maintence on Sodor?)

a Chinese locomotive was the first to ever run on the SG line on Sodor-WT#?! 

Where's a Diesel bad guy to "hate"...was Spencer the worst bad guy they could concoct....? 

Sir T Hat must be getting senile in his old age, first he forgot Elizabeth, then Great Waterton, and now Hiro....

I can understand it, marketing and all...the kids nowadays have been so overstimulated that real toy trains without moving lips don't cut it....of course they need more toys for me to buy too!

While my kids (6,4,2, and 18 mo) all enjoyed the film, it hasn't taken the place of the other, older episodes on DVD...it get's it's play, but not like some may expect.

That said, we look forward to receiving our LS Thomas in time for Christmas!

cale

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: calenelson on November 02, 2009, 04:42:32 PM
a Chinese locomotive was the first to ever run on the SG line on Sodor-WT#?!
Hate to say it, but this really shows your knowledge on the film.   :-\

Quote from: calenelson on November 02, 2009, 04:42:32 PMWhere's a Diesel bad guy to "hate"...was Spencer the worst bad guy they could concoct....? 
You're not too familiar with the film industry. Bringing in a diesel villain would of just been generic and less expected. It's about time Spencer had a big role too.

If anything, Hero of the Rails as a film has to be Thomas' most successful yet, when it comes to a storyline and originality. It definitely brings the story together and gets your attention well (for a kids movie...  :P )

calenelson

QuoteHate to say it, but this really shows your knowledge on the film.   :-\

how so?  I did in fact say he was Chinese but meant Japanese-sorry

QuoteYou're not too familiar with the film industry. Bringing in a diesel villain would of just been generic and less expected. It's about time Spencer had a big role too.

not familiar?  ok...35+ years of viewing film and working in production counts for ...? actually it'd been more expected, and maybe more generic, but a little more believable...if there is such a thing on Sodor

QuoteIf anything, Hero of the Rails as a film has to be Thomas' most successful yet, when it comes to a storyline and originality. It definitely brings the story together and gets your attention well (for a kids movie...  :P )

I'd like to believe the same...though I'd also like to compare the numbers with some of those from the horrible Fonda film :)

It gets the attention of those now wanting/needing more train toys..which in the end was the entire reason for the movie being produced.

cale

Rickenbacker 325

I think the movie was fine untill Hiro just suddenly wanted to go home. In other words, I think it ended to early :-\

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: calenelson on November 03, 2009, 08:52:57 AMok...35+ years of viewing film and working in production counts for ...?
Apparently not much.

Quote from: calenelson on November 03, 2009, 08:52:57 AMactually it'd been more expected, and maybe more generic, but a little more believable...
But less original, and the "same old boring routine."

calenelson

apparently I still miss your point Mr. Sparks?

I'm done here....have a nice day all.....  :) 

cale