Bronx Terminal - Pointwork Spectactular

Started by Mark Damien, April 09, 2007, 08:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Damien

G'day All,

Take a look at this site.
It is of the Central New Jersey Bronx Terminal.
The trackwork is fabulous.
It has a couple of videos as well.
I'm sure it will look great when it's completed.

http://www.bronx-terminal.com/

Select the links on the page to expand the each section for more detail.

Even if the prototypes never existed, someone would have created Model Trains anyway.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Steams the Dream
Cheers.
Mark

brad

It looks a lot like the Harlem terminal in this years MRP but the pictures are better. OUTSTANDING track work. Thanks for the link.

brad
I drempt, I planned, I'm building

Stephen Warrington

wowzers, amazing track work thank goodness the ICRR didnt have anything like that in the area I am modeling lol.

Stephen

WoundedBear

I need someone to draw me a track plan using Atlas sectional to replicate that.....lmfao. ::)

I wouldn't be able to figure out the routing to get a train through all that, let alone actually build it......excellent track work.

Seasaltchap

A few years ago PECO constructed the track plan of Waterloo Station, London, used in adverts of the time, to demonstrate what could be done with PECO track.
Phoenix AZ: OO enthusiast modelling GWR 1895-1939, Box Station Wiltshire; S&DJR Writhington Colliery, Nr. Radstock.

Interested in making friends on the site with similar interests.

Atlantic Central

There where actually a number of these around the New York City area, owned by a number of different lines. Many where built from the same or similar plans. Harlem and Bronx are just two of the best documented ones.

And it is a neat modeling idea. Could be a stand alone module with a larger layout. The trackwork of the Harlem terminal isa little simpler and could easily be done with Atlas snap switches and crossings for the most part.

Sheldon

Gene P.

Twin Forks R.R.

Mark Damien

Hi All,

Tim has added an image of the Terminal taken in 1944.
If you ignore the distant background, it even looks like a well made model, especially with the automobiles in the foreground

http://www.bronx-terminal.com/
Even if the prototypes never existed, someone would have created Model Trains anyway.
Steams the Dream
Cheers.
Mark

Mark Damien

Not satisfied with the difficulty factor involved with building the Bronx Terminal trackwork in HO scale, Tim is now experimenting with it in N scale - Take a look at his lattest entry.

www.bronx-terminal.com/
Steams the Dream
Cheers.
Mark

pdlethbridge

when I first saw the terminal, I thought it was a roundhouse and turntable. The roundhouse part was correct, but it was for trucks. Awesome trackage, and it's all gone now.... :(

jsmvmd

Dear Friends,

Can anyone tell me where the "flaw" is?

Best, Jack

Mark Damien

Quote from: jsmvmd on May 08, 2007, 07:59:46 AM
Dear Friends,

Can anyone tell me where the "flaw" is?

Best, Jack

Hi Jack,

were you referring to the missing track that runs through the switch rails.
It's all explained in Part 1

www.bronx-terminal.com/index.php?paged=6

apparently the Bronx Terminal used removable rails.
Steams the Dream
Cheers.
Mark

jsmvmd

Dear Mark,

Thank you, and sorry for my "dumbestness."

Best Wishes,  Jack