News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

F7 new colors needed

Started by Albert in N, September 12, 2009, 09:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albert in N

Bachmann F7s have always been a favorite.  The SP black widows run great.  Also back in the 1970s, I depended on the silver Burlingtons with large metal spur gears.   Why not add Santa Fe freight in blue and yellow or reintroduce the old silver CB&Q? 

the Bach-man

Dear Albert,
I'll pass along your request.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

johnTom

As for new colors,while Bachmann is at it with the colors how about some different road names as well.  I believe that we are tired of the usual western railway names . Below is what I would like to see ... 

Tom

Wabash RR in the full blue dress and in the blue and white scheme I think
B & M RR
L.V. RR
ERIE RR
D.L.&W. RR
W.A.&G. RR - Wellsville Addison and Galeton Railroad
C & O RR
Maine Central RR
N Y C RR
I like U.S. HISTORY, railroad history.etc...

Tom

David Leonard

NYC is coming. Check the Walthers website for a photo of the new NYC run. How come such photos are not posted here?

EDIT: OK, I see now that the NYC units are pictured in the Products section. Note the knuckle couplers.

johnTom

How about the other railroads? I hope in due time.

Tom

LV LOU

One thing I'd really like to see is the Spectrum F's made as F3's,also.A fairly simple shell update to  an existing chassis that would add a much needed loco to the N roster..Almost every railroad that was around in the 50's had F3's,most that did also had F7's,and ran them together..

johnTom

This is nice to hear that the NYC units are coming. However, my question is this. Are the NYC locomotives going to be painted in the LIGHTNING STRIPE or the CIGAR BAND paint scheme? Both would be perfect for a New York Central modeler. Lastly, I know that there were many FT's and some F2's as well. Also I wouldn't forget about the other railroads that I mentioned in my last post..

Tom

Tom

NYC1956

Both Intermountain and Micro-Trains have produced the FT locomotive in NYC schemes. Bachmann isn't likely to enter the market as a third producer when sales of the two earlier models were disappointing due to the duplication.

As for the F2 - it was kind of an interim offering. I don't think many railroads got any. The NYC rostered only two. It would be something different to have. So far the manufacturers have all skipped over this model. It is not likely to get produced. Why not try kitbashing one?

Mike

ftauss

I would second the ATSF blue and yellow. I know the silver and red did freight duty but it only looks right in front of passenger cars.

Frank

Frank C

Didn't the F-2 have the same body as the early F-3?. Frank

David Leonard

I repeat myself, but why not check out the photos on this very website?

johnTom

Frank and Mike,

The F2A was an interim model it had a F3 carbody with FT innards I remember seeing a few F2A's which were NH(NEW HAVEN) and possibly headed to loco dealer or possibly a short line. Secondly I remember hearing that GN -GREAT NORTHERN- received some GP7's that had FT innards they were labeled GP5's here's a link to for F2A's http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locoList.aspx?mid=1010

Tom

Tom