Question for the Bach Man on locomotive warranties

Started by Frankv, September 17, 2009, 05:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankv

Hi Mr. Bach Man. I'm very grateful to Bachmann for this forum.
A few days ago I bought a Bachmann B23-7 HO loco at Hobby Lobby. Impulse purchase. The warranty sheet in the box said "Lifetime Warranty for Bachmann Locomotives purchased in the U.S. and Canada". Several days later I bought an HO Bachmann DCC Onboard GP40, again at Hobby Lobby. Another impulse - I really should stay out of Hobby Lobby. Price was about the same. For the GP40 the warranty sheet said "One Year Warranty for Bachmann Products purchased in the U.S. and Canada".  Both sheets say underneath the first line "effective January 1, 2003 , this warranty supersedes all previous (and/or concurrent ) warranties."
What gives? Change of policy? Wrong sheet? What is the current warranty on locos?
Thanks for your help.

simkon

I know I'm not the Bachmann, but here it is
Warranty Information

Bachmann's Lifetime Limited Warranty covers motorized units only. Under the warranty, Bachmann can decide whether to repair or replace an item at their discretion.

Items less than a year old are fully covered and will be serviced or replaced at no charge when accompanied with warranty card or proof of purchase.

For items more than one year old, there is a nominal service charge for repair or replacement (prices subject to change):
# $10.00 -   HO & N Diesel
# $15.00 -   HO & N Steam
# $20.00 -   DCC On Board™ and Spectrum® HO and N scales
# $25.00 -   Williams O Gauge and Spectrum® On30
# $30.00 -   Standard Line large scale (except Anniversary Edition 4-6-0)
# $50.00 -   Large scale Spectrum® and Anniversary Edition 4-6-0 locomotives

All accessories, power packs and speed controllers, and Plasticville USA® items are covered for 90 days only.

the Bach-man

Dear All,
That is, in fact, the new warranty info.
Thanks, Simkon.
Have fun!
the Bach-man