News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Manual Bachmann track

Started by trains811, September 17, 2009, 11:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trains811

Where can I find a manual right ez track w/ steel black roadbed? My son has 2 of them that came in a box of tracks. He has one remote one but wants another manual one. Thanks!

simkon

Only from the Steel Alloy Expander Set, it is the only way to get any manual switches for E-Z track with the black roadbed. They are not sold separately by the manufacturer. However you can check ebay and other online Bachmann dealers to see if they are available separate/individually.

Steel Alloy Expander Set
Features include:
• 12 pieces of snap-fit E-Z Track®, including 4 pieces of 9″ straight, 4 pieces 18″ radius curved track, 1 manual turnout-left, 1 manual turnout-right, and 2 Hayes bumpers
• quick, easy assembly on floors, tables, and carpets without the need for special tools or fasteners
• helpful track plan manual
Price: $60.00
Product Code: 44494

simkon

Other places manual E-Z track turnouts are available...in these 4 train sets:
Golden Spike
*63 x 38 oval of E-Z Track®, including 12 pieces of curved track, 6 pieces of straight track, 1 plug-in terminal rerailer, 1 manual turnout-left, undertrack magnet with brakeman figure, and 1 Hayes bumper
Price: $175.00
Product Code: 00615

Steam Digital Commander
Road Name: Union Pacific®
• DCC-equipped 0-6-0 steam locomotive with operating headlight
• E-Z Command® control center with wall pack and plug-in wiring
• body-mounted E-Z Mate® couplers
• 56" x 38" oval of E-Z Track®, including 12 pieces curved track, 4 piece straight track, 1 terminal rerailer, 1 manual turnout – left, under-track magnet with brakeman figure, and 1 Hayes bumper
Price: $260.00
Product Code: 00502

Diesel Digital Commander
    * DCC-equipped EMD GP40 diesel locomotive with operating headlight
    * E-Z Command Control Center with wall pack and plug-in wiring
    * body-mounted E-Z Mate couplers
    * 56² x 38² oval of E-Z Track, including 12 pieces curved track, 4 pieces straight track, 1 terminal rerailer, 1 manual turnout – left, under-track magnet with brakeman figure, and 1 Hayes bumper
Price: $275.00
Product Code: 00503

Digital Commander
Road Name: Santa Fe; Union Pacific
• two DCC-equipped locomotives with operating headlights
• E-Z Command® Control Center with wall pack and plug-in wiring
• body-mounted E-Z Mate® couplers
• 56" x 38" oval of E-Z Track®, including 12 pieces curved track, 4 pieces straight track, 1 terminal rerailer, 1 manual turnout - left, under-track magnet with brakeman figure, and 1 Hayes bumper
Price: $290.00
Product Code: 00501

Jim Banner

Most remote control turnouts, including the Bachmann ones that I have, can also be thrown manually by sliding a small knob on the top of the switch motor.  Assuming this is still the case in their latest production, all you need to buy is a single, remote turnout, add the switch motor but not the wiring, and use it manually.

Check it out at your local hobby shop.  No LHS?  Consider thefavoritespot, a Bachmann dealer who deals on eBay.  I have dealt with him many times, always to my complete satisfaction.  The link below will take you to one of his auctions:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BACHMANN-EZ-HO-BLACK-RIGHT-REMOTE-SWITCH-TRAIN-44462_W0QQitemZ200383272378QQcmdZViewItemQQptZModel_RR_Trains?hash=item2ea7c615ba&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.