News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

coments on my new layout's desighn?

Started by Daylight4449, September 13, 2009, 02:55:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNE Runner

Joe, I tell my clients that you can never get too much advice (especially so if it is free). It is your responsibility to sort through it all - determining: 1) which pieces of advice are useful to the situation, and 2) is the advice accurate? On the other side of the coin, one can become overwhelmed by the shear volume of advice and not make a decision at all [should this become debilitating, or severe, one needs the services of someone like myself].

Webster's Collegiate Dictionary defines 'advice' as: "recommendation regarding a decision or course of conduct." Daylight, we are only passing on our recommendations - based on our real life experiences...only you can ferret out what is meaningful (useful) and what isn't.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

it isn't that great. juding by the disign you have, i figure that you are using a pretty small room . if you are an experinced rialroader, you should have one line with reverse loop on each end.
what is the point of going fast. you are just going in circles!

Jim Banner

Could you explain why you think Daylight should have a return loop on each end?  I know that sometimes I like to let trains just run while I sit back and watch them, and I suspect you do too.  I would probably build a layout with loops at the ends, and you obviously would too.  But why should Daylight build his layout to please us?  Looking at his design, it look like he wants a point to point layout with lots of switching possibilities and that is why he has designed his layout that way.  If you like, I can give you lots of reasons why I think he should build his railway in a way that pleases him.  They would include that he has to build it and he has to pay for it. 

Jim 
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

pdlethbridge

Daylight, your layout is fine, a little tweak here or there is all it needs. Try code 83 Atlas, I have a layout that's about the same size with it and it runs fine and looks great!