News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Paint and Markings

Started by John Vorhes, September 14, 2009, 06:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Vorhes

I've got the Kansas Central Mogul and a few Bachmann freight and passenger cars with either no markings or the wrong markings.  I now have decals ready to go but I'm not sure how to either remove the existing markings or to repaint and then apply the decals.  Does Bachmann have spray paint to match its cars?  If Bachmann sells a "Kansas Central" locomotive why not have the properly marked rolling stock that go with it?  It bothers me to run "East Tennessee" passenger cars when I'm really a Kansas Central fan. JV

glennk28

I use a product called "Oops!" that I get in the paint dept at Ace Hardware.Use it on a Q-tip..  Just took a number off the Gramps tank car--I have two so can't have both with the same number.  gj

the Bach-man

Dear John,
Floquil Boxcar Red is a good match for most cars; Krylon and various other Ruddy Brown Primers will match many others.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

John Vorhes

Floquill Box car red, is this for airbrushing?  Krylon Red Brown Primer is flat, does it match the plastic color on the car if I spot spray or do I need to repait the entire car?  JV

the Bach-man

Dear John,
Boxcar red in a spray can, overcoated with Testor's Semi-Gloss should give good results.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

gunrunner

dot-4 brake fluid will remove "markings"
have been told feds don't allow foreign manufacturers to import paint
that's why bach-man can't help
matching from domestic is trail and error
good luck