News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

next run of n scale 2-8-0 consolidations?

Started by ncc1701, September 16, 2009, 11:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncc1701

Hello,

I was just wondering when, if at all planned, the next run of n scale 2-8-0 spectrum line consolidations would be release. My growing railroad requires a significant roster of them (six actually) and so far I have only been able to find one from a local hobby shop. Any hobby shop I have gone too has insisted they cannot get any of these locomotives from any distributers because they have been out of production for so long. Is this true and if so, when can I expect the next run?

kiasutha

Do you need a specific roadname, or want to avoid ordering on-line?
(I can understand that)
The first place I checked was MB Klein; they had 3 dozen in stock at a very good price...(as of 11:45 AM)

ncc1701

I do prefer to buy from a physical hobby shop whenever possible, and I am somewhat wary and intimidated by online shopping or even mail-order distributors. I am a freelancer, so the factory painted roadname is of no matter.

kiasutha

Understood, "earther" ;)
If it helps any, MB Klein is an old and highly regarded "brick & mortar" hobby shop in Baltimore that also does on-line/mail order sales.

johnTom

I too am a freelancer,however I would like to see the following railroad companies. I also think we seem to be tiring of the usual spectrum line of (Consolidation) 2-8-0 road names.

Tom

Wabash 
B & M RR
L.V. RR
ERIE RR
D.L.&W. RR
W.A.&G. RR - Wellsville Addison and Galeton Railroad -
C & O RR
Maine Central RR
N Y C RR
I like U.S. HISTORY, railroad history.etc...

Tom

ncc1701

Thank you for your help kaisutha, I will check into the possibility of MB Klein, My railroad is still early in the construction process, with track-laying being the principle activity right now, so I do not need to fill up my roster just yet. Thank you nonetheless.

kiasutha

If any help was given. you are welcome.
I haven't started my new layout yet; last one was over 15 years ago.
In the meantime, I run on a club "N-Trak" set-up now & then.
Right now, I'm waiting to see the new version of the 2-6-6-2 when it comes out. It sounds like we both have some time to be patient...

BTW & off-topic-I assumed you are a "Trek" fan from your sign-in?
Got hooked myself in the first run/origional series; way too many years ago... :)

in_eden

johnTom

Quote from: in_eden on September 19, 2009, 11:57:20 AM
B&O in a second road # would be nice!

As for the b & o I happen to have a Spectrum 2-8-0 from the first run,and it is lettered for the b & o RR .

Tom
I like U.S. HISTORY, railroad history.etc...

Tom